Part 47

"Speaking of," still waiting for the Queen to finish her conversation with Duke Lanchester, Blue turns to ask Scale, without anyone knowing what his expression is under the helmet, "What should we do with His Majesty's relatives? For now, we have them locked inside a room,"

"Ah? You collected their bodies?" Scale looks at Blue in surprise

"I don't know who put them there, but considering they are still His Majesty's relative and His Majesty might want them alive 1st, so we lock them up for now," Blue says, referring to his fellow Queen's Knights, "We also gave them 1st aid to make sure they won't die right away,"

Scale supposes that's okay. The King's relatives can be alive, as long as they don't get away. Then, "What about the maids?"

"We tried talking to them, but they refuse to find a cover, saying to follow the King's order," Blue can believe His Majesty the King will give such an order. However, "But the 1 that is buried..."

"She should still be alive?" Rhythm thinks that person will probably be rendered weak in bed from sickness afterwards, but that's what she gets for harming Her Majesty the Queen

"Yes," Blue nods, turning his helmet to face Rhythm, but does not ask the young man what he knows. Blue just explains briefly, "We dug her out, still left her in the rain though," on the matter of digging out the body, Blue can't help but turns his head at Flos

"She tried to kill Her Majesty," Flos divulges to the unaware men the truth of that person's crime

"Ah," Scale opens his mouth in understanding, "His Majesty will want to personally take her life,"

Nobody can see Blue's expression, but he does sound depressed, "Is it related to the mark on Her Majesty's neck?" which looks like a strangulation mark

"That, plus, she pushed Her Majesty out of the windows," Flos points at Rhythm, "He noticed it 1st,"

"It was pretty high up," Rhythm shudders, still feeling the fear of seeing that scene as he recalls that moment, and it just happened in the morning! Why does he feel like it has been so long since then?

"Thank you," Blue is truly grateful to the esteemed guests, who have contributed a lot

"You are welcome," Flos is not shy to accept the gratitude, "However, is it really that noticeable? The hand mark on Her Majesty's neck,"

"I saw it because I found it unusual for Her Majesty to wear a scarf at this time of the year, in this weather also," Blue releases a sigh, "I'm pretty sure Duke Lanchester has found out about it too,"

"This Duke Lanchester..." Rhythm points inside the room, "Is it a dream or Her Majesty called him: Father?"

"Duke Lanchester is Her Majesty's foster Father, yes," Scale answers as he explains, "Her Majesty's birth parents are in their own fief,"

Rhythm recalls the gossip regarding the Queen's identity that is not the Duke's Daughter and comes to a realisation. Recalling what he saw from that old man called Duke Lanchester, Rhythm remarks, "It seems like he really cares about Her Majesty,"

"Her Majesty is very likeable, after all," Scale just responds this with a smile

Flos will agree with Scale on this 1. Comparing the King and the Queen, everyone will choose the Queen without a doubt.

The conversation comes to a lull as everyone stands outside the room, looking out for danger, listening in to the voices from the inside. They can't make clear the words, but it sounds like Queen Viola and Duke Lanchester are really talking.

Flos turns to look at the sachets that Scale has put aside on the floor and at her item box. Why not continue to make the sachets in their free time? Scale and Rhythm are fine with that. Blue is also willing to help. Alright, so that's what they will do outside the room as they wait.