Part 32

Scale is ordered to escort Flos back to the guest house, the King will lock the office as he goes to find the Queen to discuss this message conveyed through Flos from a relative of the King.

It seems like this guy wants to seek refuge with the King, possibly because he catches on to the plan of His Majesty, Scale divulges to Flos.

"Isn't it bad for them to catch on to the plan?" Flos asks Scale as they walk to the guest house

"Those who catch on and decide to side with His Majesty means they have a flexible mind and conscience," Scale agrees with Flos's wariness, however, "There is also a chance this is a trap so we should not be hasty in making decisions,"

"Don't be too slow to make it too late either," Flos reminds the man

"Naturally," Scale assures the young woman that he knows, but, "It is still up to His and Her Majesty to decide," and he will just support their arrangement, regardless of what it is

Flos rolls her eyes at Scale, who returns her eye roll with a good-natured grin.

Their pleasant stroll back to the guest house is then intercepted by an uninvited guest. Although Scale is accompanying Flos right now, maybe because the person seeking Flos has a particular purpose, this person, who Scale mentions under his breath as a bounty target, does not regard the King's aide's existence as a threat.

"I can't do anything to him and he knows it," Scale whispers again, shaking his head powerlessly

Since he is a bounty target, as confirmed by Scale, Flos thinks she doesn't need to hold back.  With that said, Day immediately shoots a dart which aims at the man's forehead, instantly bringing him down before that relative of King Ray has a chance to make a sound.

Even though he has always been by her side, Scale didn't notice what Day did and so he widens his eyes in shock with a surprised exclamation, "What happened?!"

Flos does not explain, "Go put the body behind the bar,"

"Don't call it a body," Scale shakes his head helplessly as he moves to do what Flos instructs,  commenting, "That sounds ominous,"

Scale thinks too much. Flos shakes her head as she follows the man to that fainted relative of King Ray's spot. Once Flos stands before that unconscious man, she plucks out the thin needle from the man's forehead, causing Scale to make a sound of, "Oooh~" in the realisation of what had transpired

Staring at the puffing May-Day on the back of Flos's neck in admiration, Scale tells Flos, "You have great companions,"

Flos also thinks so, "Thank you,"

Scale grins at how proud Flos is regarding her companions. Isn't that nice? To have someone or something 1 trusts wholeheartedly. A person or a thing that has your back, allowing you to feel rest assured for the rest of your life.

Carrying the unconscious man on his back, Scale walks in front of Flos as they send this relative of King Ray to prison. With her hands full of holding the bag containing lunchboxes from breakfast, Flos has nothing else to do but to stare at Scale's head, particularly at the ponytail that he sports.

"Is it a trend to grow out your hair?" Flos suddenly asks something strange, causing Scale to turn his head to look at her who is behind him

"Imagine not having a day off to visit the barbershop," Scale responds with a laugh, "It's messy right? I know,"

"Not so messy now that you tie it up," Flos says what she thinks, "Before, on your 1st day off, it was a bit messy,"

"I did brush my hair though," Scale sounds troubled, but it's not a big deal to him, "Just let it be,"