Part 30

"It will be too suspicious if I go look for them, so I will wait for them to come to look for me instead," they will come flocking either way, so Flos have decided to accept the bounty hunting to generate more income, the insurance for retirement!

"Do you think they will still come to look for you later too?" Scale has heard about Flos sending a new bounty target to a Queen's Knight who then puts the person behind the bars; which happened in the morning. Now, at lunchtime, hearing Flos say this, Scale can understand her sentiment. Since those moneybags insist on delivering themselves to the door, then why doesn't she just accept them graciously?

Flos is pretty sure, "They don't seem to be the type that can think far ahead," which also can be translated as: yes because they don't ever learn

"It can't be helped that the intelligent among the descendants differ, because that lustful King did not care for intellect when choosing his lovers, being a ludicrous person himself," Scale can't help but sigh in sorrow at the loss of intelligent people with Royal bloodline whilst also outright dissing that lustful King

Isn't he right? Besides King Ray, who else is wise among the people with Royal blood? There are some clever people out there, sure, but they are also intelligent enough to leave this kind of horrible family.

Flos no longer gives comment or attention to that, the absurdity of the Royal Family. Anyway, "You are also working hard to put them in prison, right?"

"Of course," Scale assures Flos, "We have just started on the plan not too long ago, so it will take some time for the satisfactory result to transpire. But we definitely will get them all, because King Ray doesn't plan to go easy on the people who harmed Queen Viola,"

Flos nods, accepting Scale's assurance. Now that they have finished talking, Flos has also finished distributing the lunchbox, and the both of them start to eat on the couch in the office. After lunch, Flos brings up this topic again, by the way, having something she wants to know, "Who do they plan to put on the throne, replacing King Ray?"

"They want the throne for themselves," Scale answers with a smile, a smile that seems to be mocking the Royal Family, "Even though none of them is good at problem-solving or management,"

Flos raises her eyebrows, "Since there is no cooperation among themselves-"

"There is cooperation," Scale interrupts Flos to explain, "But these selfish individuals are just waiting for the right time to double-cross each other,"

"What will become of the Kingdom if they succeed?" Flos feels a tad horrified by that notion. Fortunately, or unfortunately, that poor soul did not live to see the end result after the coup d'etat.

"I wouldn't know," Scale answers seriously as he reveals his plan, "I would be in other Kingdoms by then,"

"You would abandon this Kingdom just like that?" Flos squints at this man who worked so hard but so easily abandoned everything. Flos also doubts, why tell her this?

Scale curls his lips, reaching out to pat Flos's head lightly, "You think they wouldn't try to kill me off if I insist on staying?"

Fair point. Flos flicks Scale's hand off her head, warning him, "Be careful of getting poisoned," courtesy of May-Day

Scale retracts his hand and widens his eyes slightly in surprise as he stares at Flos's hair, "Your hair produces poison??"

"Not my hair," Flos gives this man a look for his failure to recall the might of May-Day. Flos pulls up her braid, waving the tail of the braid to show off the 2 white pom-poms, stating matter-of-factly, "They can kill you and then Picky Eater will eat you,"