Part 52

It's too bad that their plan to fill up the room with cement was not executed fast enough to give this intruder a chance to slip in and destroy the seal.

...

Hm?

That hole is a passage to another world-- layer, right? Now that the guest house is blown up and the seal is broken, what about that hole and the child from another layer that showed up before? Did that child take this chance to come into this world? Or is that hole buried under the guest house, thus breaking the exit for that child to pass through?

???

Scale suddenly becomes confused, which confuses Rhythm who still doesn't know the inside story. Flos seems to know where Scale's thoughts turn to, but makes no effort to stop his mind from turning further into that line.

Since Scale is busy thinking, Rhythm turns to Flos, asking, "What do you think?"

"Where do you think we will sleep tonight?" Flos returns with a question on a different topic

Distracted, Rhythm follows Flos's line of thought, "So, we are taking Scale's offer to sleep at his house?" Rhythm raises an eyebrow at Flos, "You're okay with that?"

"Why won't I be?" Flos looks at Rhythm oddly, because she won't bring this up if she minds this arrangement, "It's just the same house, not the same room or the same bed. It's not a big deal,"

It's not a big deal, Flos says. It's not a big deal, everyone hears Flos declare.

Seeing how they look at her strangely, Flos stares back blankly, "What? Is there a problem?"

"What if it's the same room or the same bed?" Scale asks curiously, definitely distracted from his line of thoughts by Flos's declaration

Flos thinks about it, "You won't give me the room or the bed?" hogging everything alone!

Scale thinks about it, "I probably will," he doesn't mind sleeping outside or on the floor, for Flos

Flos smiles at her love interest. Since she gets all the properties except the owner, Flos is willing to answer Scale's question properly, "No problem," which has Scale nodding along in agreement

Rhythm splutters at Scale, unable to believe how easily the man yields to Flos's so quickly just like that, "Why would you listen to her unreasonable demands?!"

"Won't you?" Scale questions Rhythm in curiosity, to give the room or the bed to Flos

Recalling the fact that Flos releases her companions at night to fill up the room and sometimes takes up the bed, Rhythm seriously answers, "I will," without delay

Flos is very much aware that these 2 men before her have 2 different reasons to let her get the room or the bed in question. 1 is because of care. 2 is because of a scare. Nevertheless, Flos still doesn't see the problem with living in Scale's house. Since Scale is willing to offer his house to them, there really shouldn't be a problem with Flos taking Scale's offer.

Like that, it's been decided that Flos and Rhythm will stay at Scale's house, temporarily. Until another guest house is built or wait until Queen Viola has a better arrangement for her guests.

"I'm sorry," Queen Viola feels she owes her guests an apology, "My invitation for you 2 got you involved in this incident," which Queen Viola never expects to happen, but no matter what, she should know an incident like this could have happened because King Ray's relatives have always been restless

An apology from the Queen is a big thing; at least, it is to Rhythm who never thought he would meet with the Rulers as a villager before. Flos doesn't think Queen Viola needs to blame this incident on herself. This is something that is bound to happen, and Queen Viola herself is the victim.