Part 43

Average is eventually told by Scale, prompted by Flos, about the invasion and the murder attempt faced by Queen Viola in the morning. That is, after everyone knows why Average is in the Castle. Apparently, Duke Wolfberry invited Average to visit the Castle with him.

"I also decided to come because I'm worried about Aunt Viola's health," Average says so, smiling at Queen Viola

"This Duke is getting more and more suspicious," Rhythm keeps voicing his doubt about this person

"He definitely knows about the invasion," Scale closes his eyes with a sigh, "And he chooses to keep it quiet from His Majesty... Although I don't know if he knows about the attempted murder of Her Majesty,"

Average has a grim expression on his face, "Should I confront him about it?"

After all, Average also knows how much Lord Glint values family ties. As someone who is still considered a family by Lord Glint, Average could maybe get an answer from that Lord.

"What do we do with his answer?" Queen Viola does not have any hope for this relative of King Ray's, Lord Glint Wolfberry, "Even if we have his answers, we do not have evidence,"

The evidence might also have been covered up by Duke Wolfberry, to protect his so-called family.

Flos keeps herself out of the conversation. After all, nothing will change even if she participated. Unless she deals with the person in question herself. But that didn't end well for... That's right, "Why not just take back this Duke's power?" so she can also save herself from the trouble of facing this Duke

"The thing is, he has not done anything wrong," Queen Viola narrows her eyes, "Although he knew about his relatives' plan, he is also working on stopping that plan, no?"

"Lord Glint is..." Average thinks about it and hesitatingly says, "He doesn't have a weakness," besides his family. But his family is also his strength. And nobody can easily touch his immediate family, Lord Glint makes sure to protect them well. The fact is that, Lord Glint's immediate family members are not even in the Capital.

"As a tyrant, does King Ray need a reason to strip Duke Wolfberry of power?" Flos says something rather horrifying in a careless manner, "Even if Duke Wolfberry's followers protest, are they so justified to end up rebelling?" more and more, Flos shows how much she dislikes this person, having been silent when they were discussing Duke Wolfberry previously, "If needed, just push the blame of this invasion on Duke Wolfberry, let it be known that it is this Duke who allowed the invasion to happen, by helping his relatives open the door to the Castle from the inside, and then rallying the soldiers to fight the variant beasts he brought over to weaken the guards within the Castle, so that the Queen's life was endangered and the guest house where the Queen's guests are staying was then bombed to plant this plot on the dead guests from the countryside without background,"

A plot like that could have killed several birds with 1 stone. Especially if Her Majesty really died and the tragedy that followed afterwards would be in these relatives' favour.

"There's some truth in your words," Scale opens his mouth whilst others stare at Flos widely in shock, "That is, Duke Wolfberry did know and allow the invasion to happen, by putting the Castle on the defensive state instead of letting His Majesty the King known about it so we can be on the offensive side,"

Average exhales for a long time with his eyes closed. Afterwards, he opens his eyes in determination, "I shouldn't agree with Miss Flos, but I understand why I am here, right now. Lord Glint does know of this invasion and is prepared for it," which means, "Although Lord Glint means for us to get along well, but..." personal experience aside, "Lord Glint is wrong to allow this to happen by sacrificing the innocent soldiers for the sake of family harmony,"