Part 42

Queen Viola is very well aware that her identity as the Kingdom of Sun's Queen and King Ray's identity as Kingdom of Sun's King is only respected and rejoiced by the commoners. For the aristocrats who live in the Capital, King Ray and Queen Viola are a pair of fake Rulers. After all, even though King Ray is the King chosen by the Sun, none of them thinks King Ray is fit to rule this Kingdom.

There are better candidates who they support; the 1st being themselves, the 2nd being Duke Wolfberry. Naturally, it is because Duke Wolfberry will listen to their requests instead of labelling them as greedy and ignorant fools right on their faces.

At 1st, Queen Viola would repeatedly advise King Ray to be more patient and be a benevolent Ruler. Whenever King Ray did as she said, his relatives would surely act up and then they would have to work on cleaning up the messes. When they rejected the relatives' requests, they would also be troubled by the messes the relatives purposefully did to bother them.

Because of these bloodsucker relatives, King Ray has lost a lot of prestige in the eyes of other Nobles in Capital City. Queen Viola always has a fear: if Ray is pushed too far, disaster would befall their beloved Kingdom of Sun. After all, Ray can be quite headstrong and merciless.

Regarding King Ray's plan-

"Your Majesty," a familiar voice calls out to her, so Queen Viola raises her head to look at that person: Doctor Aver, a relative of King Ray's, "May I take a moment of your time?"

"Average," Queen Viola calls out the name of that man, standing up from her seat to greet the incoming relative amiably. Turning to the guests from the countryside, Queen Viola introduces King Ray's younger cousin, 1 of the few that is on good terms with His Majesty the King, to them, "This is Average, also known as Doctor Aver,"

Queen Viola does not introduce the man with a surname because Average has abandoned, thus excluded from using, his family name. Besides the fact that Average personally does not want that surname, nor will he reclaim that surname in the future, Average is content with living as a commoner without a surname. Without a family tie.

As the few sane members of the bloodline, Average smiles generously at the people he has just been introduced to, "Nice to meet you, I'm Average," and towards the person he knows who is in the group, Average greets him joyfully, "Hey, Scale,"

"Aver!" Scale raises a hand in greeting, smiling brightly at a friend that he has not met in a long time. No matter the occasion, it is always a delight to meet again.

Flos stares at Scale very pointedly. This man has a friend who is a doctor! A real certified doctor!

Noticing Flos's stare, Scale just grins in return, raising a hand, holding up 2 fingers, in the gesture of the peace sign. Aver is outside the Castle, and Scale doesn't exactly have the time to go out of the Castle for personal reasons. Besides, he will need to queue to see the doctor, which he doesn't have the time for.

"How have you been?" Average asks Queen Viola, always has been worrying about the Queen's state after knowing about her poisoning incident

"I'm fine now," Queen Viola tells the man who is concerned for her well-being, "I have been treated,"

"Treated..." Average widens his eyes in surprise, also a little excited, "Does Your Majesty know another doctor who could treat Your Majesty?"

Queen Viola hesitates briefly in answering. Flos has said she is not a doctor, and the treatment uses variant plants... Can that be let known?

Flos is still staring at Scale, so she can't give Queen Viola a hint about the answer. Scale smiles and asks for Queen Viola's permission to answer Doctor Aver's question, surprising his friend into asking,  "You know that person too, Scale?"