Part 65

Scale originally has a plan. Now, he will revise the plan.

Rhythm walks into the dining room to see Scale, not working on papers as usual, but is writing something in a book. It reminds Rhythm of the book where Flos asked him to write nonsensical sentences.

Rhythm still knows manner, so he doesn't try to look into what Scale is working on. After greeting Scale and receiving a greeting back, Rhythm walks into the kitchen to check on today's menu. What's for breakfast?

"What do you expect for breakfast?" Flos glances at her childhood friend who is snooping around, disturbing her work, "Come, help,"

They will have a self-serving sandwich for breakfast today. Flos has already prepared the ingredients and it's up to Rhythm to bring the plates out. Now, Flos is frying the eggs. After this, the preparation for breakfast is done.

Rhythm does his duty and takes the plates of cabbage leaves, tomato, ham, bread, plus cups of milk to the dining room. However, instead of staying outside after several trips, Rhythm reenters the kitchen to ask Flos, who is finishing up frying the eggs, a question: "What did you discuss with Scale last night?"

"Why do you want to know?" Flos barely gives her childhood friend a look. Who was the 1 who said he was sleepy and wouldn't wait for Scale with her? Flos doesn't feel like repeating herself, so she tells Rhythm, "Let's talk about it with Scale outside,"

"Did you not talk with Scale last night?" Rhythm is confused now

"I did," Flos assures her childhood friend that unlike him, she did wait until Scale came back, "I just don't remember the content of the discussion,"

Why doesn't she remember? Rhythm doesn't understand that, but it's no problem. As long as Rhythm gets to finally know why Flos was spooked when she came back from her outing with the Royals yesterday.

After Flos puts the plate of eggs on the dining table, she orders the other 2 to wash their hands since they will be making their own sandwiches. Flos also follows behind the 2 men to wash her hands. After that, they go back to the dining room and start eating breakfast.

After finishing 1 self-made sandwich, Rhythm thinks it's about time for him to know what exactly happened so he asks, "Can we talk about it now?"

Scale looks confused at Rhythm whilst Flos just says, "King Ray has the plan to make me a Princess,"

"A Princess?" Rhythm muses in thought, "As in, His Majesty the King's Sister?"

"Age-wise, I think so," Flos is not clear about it actually, but that sounds right. She is too old to be their Daughter, after all.

"Is that doable?" Rhythm makes a face, doubting the credibility of this plan

"It is," Scale answers Rhythm's doubt, "If His Majesty does do that, nobody can actually stop him,"

"Not even Queen Viola?" Flos glances at Scale with a question

Scale has a presumption, and he says it aloud, "I don't think Her Majesty will reject this plan,"

"The plan to make Flos a Princess?" Rhythm doesn't get it, "What's so good about Flos to make her a Princess?"

Flos gives her childhood friend a flat look for his mouth, yet she doesn't bother to remind Rhythm of the conjecture Duke Lanchester once mentioned, of her origin.

Scale has been thinking, and now he reaffirms it with Flos, "You still don't want to be a Royal?"

"I never want to be a Royal," Flos says with certainty as she finishes her meal, "In any case, no matter how tempting it is, I am not interested to become a Princess or admitting relatives,"