Part 66

King Ray tells Queen Viola all his plans at the moment, causing the Queen to close her eyes and intake a deep breath.

"Those are doable," Her Majesty the Queen concurs, "However, don't you think you're overworking Scale, Your Majesty?"

King Ray raises an eyebrow, "Your birthday celebration will be tasked to Duke Lanchester though. Scale does not do everything,"

But the things that Scale has to do are a lot. Queen Viola furrows her eyebrows, questioning her husband, "Don't you think you should hire an assistant for Scale, Ray?"

"He has the subordinates plus the butler to take care of him," King Ray has given Scale enough manpower for work. King Ray also gives out appropriate rewards for Scale too. King Ray does take care of his aide, no matter how many people think the King overworks his aide.

Besides, Scale himself doesn't complain about his workload, which means he still can manage the work tasked to him just fine. King Ray is feeling proud of this good seedling he picks up to raise as his aide, whilst Queen Viola shakes her head at her husband, "You still should not run off to find me, leaving your works behind for Scale to do,"

Okay, that's King Ray's fault, but he still thinks it's okay, "It's about lunchtime anyway. I will go back after having lunch with you, my beloved," smile

Queen Viola disagrees, but on this matter, King Ray insists on staying and accompanying his Queen as she works. Queen Viola looks at King Ray in disapproval of his choice and decides to call Scale later, to let King Ray finish today's work alone.

Without knowing his fate after lunch, King Ray sticks close to his Wife in happiness.

~~~

When Scale meets up with Queen Viola after lunch, the Queen asks about his health.

"I'm fine. Thank you for your concern, Your Majesty," Scale still feels energetic enough to continue working

"A moment's respite is also important for a good work performance," Queen Viola assures Scale that he does not need to hurry back to work

Scale acknowledges and accepts the Queen's goodwill in taking care of him. Scale did take breaks when working on the paperwork, so he really thinks there's no need for him to hide in the Queen's office. Seeing how Her Majesty is working diligently, contrary to how much King Ray likes to evade works, Scale falls into deep thought.

Her Majesty can finish her work efficiently alone, but King Ray dumps half of his work to his aide. Between the 2, Scale should feel like wanting to work for the Queen. Surprisingly, he still doesn't mind working for the King. Maybe because Scale likes the job of a King's aide?

No matter. Scale stands up from his seat to help Queen Viola sorts out the documents, causing the Queen to give him a look of disapproval. She invites him to rest, not to work for him. Scale just smiles brightly at the Queen, not minding the disapproval.

"Your Majesty," whilst working on archiving the documents, Scale asks for advice, "How many days will His Majesty holds the celebration to celebrate Your Majesty's birthday?"

"His Majesty has assigned the work to Duke Lanchester, Scale. You don't need to worry about it," Queen Viola assures the young man

"I know, Your Majesty," Scale gives the Queen a smile, "I ask, because I plan to take a day off in that celebration to invite Flos out on a date,"

Queen Viola understands Scale's intention then, so she answers, "7 days,"

That's a long time. Scale and Queen Viola's eyes meet and they both sigh at the same time. The celebration moment can be fun for the citizens and merchants, but for the civil servants and officers, it's an event that will cause them to work overtime.