Part 56

After dinner time, Scale comes back with souvenirs. It is 2 boxes of pastries. 1 box exclusively for Flos, and the other 1 box for Rhythm and Scale to share. Rhythm is delighted for the chance to taste the pastries made in the Capital whilst Flos accepts the box of pastry Scale offers to her in silence.

Scale smiles at Flos, looking at the young woman warmly, "What should I do, Flos?"

"What?" Flos looks up at Scale, who is standing in front of her since she is sitting on the couch in the lounge

Scale sits on the floor, resting an arm on Flos's couch to lay his cheek on his loose fist. Looking up at Flos, to make it easier for her to stare down at him, Scale is still smiling, "It seems that I really worried you with the stunt I pulled this afternoon,"

On the other couch, eating the pastries Scale brings back, Rhythm snorts. It is not a snort meant to show his derision or understatement of Scale's words. Rhythm is just trying to contain his laughter with his mouth full and ends up making a disgusting noise like that.

It's okay though. Neither Flos nor Scale are paying attention to him. So Rhythm just turns around slightly to use a tissue to wipe his face clean.

"You know it," Flos understands that Scale knows he is wrong, but things already happened, and it's useless to bring it up now, "You're durable, not invincible. Be careful next time,"

"Of course, I will be careful," Scale sits up straight and pats his chest as he assures Flos, "I do want to be with you for a long time, after all. I won't sabotage myself because living with you is my aspiration in life,"

Living with Flos is Scale's aspiration in life? Rhythm can't believe Scale is able to decide on such an important matter and say it to the person involved like this. Is he really sure he wants to be with Flos forever? Granted, it does seem like Scale is serious about that, but Rhythm is still a little sceptical.

Scale works in the Castle whilst Flos wants to go back to their hometown. How long will they be able to stay together? Is Scale going to resign as the King's aide? Will King Ray allow it? What is Scale gonna do after resigning as the King's aide? Or, will Flos stay here to accompany Scale instead?

Their relationship hasn't officially started, yet they are already planning to be together for a lifetime?

Rhythm has heard about Scale's plan yet he still doesn't know what Flos thinks, so he waits in anticipation for Flos's response. It's so great to be able to witness a play performed right in front of oneself. Hehehehehe.

Flos is staring at Scale without paying attention to Rhythm, but May-Day and Lashes do notice how Rhythm is treating Flos's love life as a drama. For now, they will do nothing to distract Flos from making important decisions. However, they do note to themselves that once Rhythm finds someone, they sure will enjoy messing up his relationship a little.

Are they being too much? What do they know, they are just a pair of white pom-poms hair ties and a vine-like bracelet.

"When do you have this kind of aspiration?" Flos takes her feet off the floor to curl on the couch as she leans away from Scale, to stare at him at a better angle

Noticing the faint turn on the corners of Flos's lips, knowing that Flos is now smiling very faintly, which means she accepts his confession, Scale smiles brightly. Really, what should he do? It seems like his fondness for Flos keeps increasing as time passes.

It's only been yesterday that he knows Flos reciprocate his affection. Although yesterday feels like a long day, in reality, only several hours have passed. Scale needs to control his feeling properly, so he won't become too impatient because he might need a long time to finish all the work before he can ask Flos out on a date.