Part 16

The King and the Queen are out of the Castle to meet an acquainted doctor to examine the Queen's body. Here is hoping the diagnosis will produce a different result.

This doctor whom they trust to keep the Queen's condition a secret is a level-headed relative of the King. Both the doctor and the King are the descendants of a King who was well-known as a womaniser, leaving a lot of offspring to fight for the throne.

To be honest, the current King who loves his wife very much can't relate nor does he want to understand that King; and even dislikes his ancestor a lot for leaving him with a bunch of relatives who are always harassing him for the throne. Even though he is the 1 chosen by the Sun, it's not like he can't be replaced. That's why he has to go through a lot of trouble, even to the point of almost losing his beloved...

Arriving before a road that the carriage can't enter, the King and the Queen step out of the carriage to continue the trip on foot. Without visibly being accompanied by guards, the pair of husband and wife walk into the alley to the house of the King's younger relative.

There are already people hanging around the relative's house, queuing to meet the doctor for a check-up or to buy medicine for the sick. The King and the Queen also dutifully join the queue because they come without giving this relative a notice before. Having come as normal citizens looking for a doctor, they should behave like normal citizens and queue honestly.

When it is finally their turn to see the doctor, the doctor himself is surprised to see them.

Standing up from his seat to greet this pair of highly respected Aunt and Uncle, the doctor greets them with a smile, "It has been a while since we met, Uncle Ray, Aunt Viola,"

"It has been a while," the Queen, by the name of Viola, greets back with a nod

The King, by the name of Ray, greets back with a smile, "How have you been, Average?"

As someone who has left the family registry and renounced his eligibility to the throne, Average, mostly known as Doctor Aver around here, is a very good healer even though he is only in his mid-20th. Like King Ray, Average's power is [Sun], which is good for healing wounds and curing sickness. Although Doctor Aver can't be a miracle doctor, he has saved a fair share of poor citizens with his profession.

Average is happy to meet the people who have helped him when he decided to leave that family. Although, seeing as they are here as his patients, Average soon calms down and becomes concerned, "How can I help you?"

"I need a check-up," Queen Viola does not immediately reveal her condition, but asks Doctor Aver to diagnose her instead

Noticing something, Doctor Aver promises to do a detailed check on Queen Viola. King Ray stays by Queen Viola's side as she follows Doctor Aver's instructions and soon they have the result from the doctor.

Staring at the seemingly healthy Queen, Doctor Aver furrows his eyebrows in puzzlement. King Ray can't stand the silence or the waiting so he immediately urges his relative, "What is it? Don't hold back, tell us,"

"Well," turning to his work table to write down some points of doubt, Doctor Aver tells his patient and patient's family, "There seems to be nothing wrong with Aunt Viola,"

"If so, why didn't you declare me healthy and free of illness?" Queen Viola glances at the notes of concern Average writes after seeing the result of her check-up

King Ray can't wait to go back to the Castle to grab Queen Viola's guest and have her meet Doctor Aver so they can discuss a way to cure his beloved. There is a problem with Queen Viola's body! The possibility of poisoning is very high!! Quickly, they have to immediately cure his wife!!!