Mystic Lore??

it's 4AM I'm procrastinating on homework so ofc my solution is to write snippets of Xena, Dusty, Dana & Lynette's backstories

anyways possible blood/decapitation + panic attack tw for Dusty and Dana's lore??

this is all over the place and vague and some stories contrast with each other greatly so just a warning lol

//-//

x e n a

//-//

rustle.

rustle.

snap.

elven ears pricked, a sharp gaze darting to the forest at the young boy's back.

rustle.

he tensed up, before turning around fully, craning his neck. "...hello?"

rustle.

a solid few seconds of silence passed.

slowly, he approached the bushes, bending down to avoid overhanging branches.

"...is...someone - "

pop!

a brief flash of bright gold abruptly popped out of the dull leaves.

"AH-"

he fell back onto the dirt, scooting away in a panic.

pale green eyes studied him curiously.

"h...ello?"

"...oh." he deflated, ears turning red with embarrassment. "you're just a child."

the blonde tilted her head.

the blue-haired boy stood up, dusting off his pants.

the blonde mimicked him - in that she abruptly launched out of the bushes, rolling onto her feet in one swift movement.

she had to tilt her head all the way back to look him in the eyes.

"you're tall."

"and you're short," he snapped back, putting his hands on his hips.

he sighed, "what's a...toddler, doing out here anyways? you don't look a day older than three."

"...I'm...I'm six. I think."

"my point still stands-"

...

//-//

d u s t y

//

her breath hitched. red was splattered across her face - on the walls, on her dress, on her hands...oh god, it was everywhere, there was so much red -

"it's paint," she thought, "it's paint, it's paint, it's just paint, it's pai-"

the girl staggered back, away from the completely still body she had been standing over. "it's paint, it's paint, it's paint, it's paint -"

she hit the wall. it was cold. it was stained in red. it was still running.

choked sobs broke the previous silence of the cold room, metal shackles grinding on concrete floors.

"it's paint - it's just paint! it's just paint, it's - it's not -"

her hands shook. they were so cold. she was still holding the crowbar.