6

"Mommyyyyy!" Nova said happily as Luna giggled. "Hmm?" I asked and opened my eyes, looking over at them.

"Happy birthday!" They squealed at the same time as they jumped up and down.

Colby was standing behind them with a little tray that had pancakes and a cup of apple juice.

"Did you make those?" I asked and pouted my lip out as I sat up. "We woke up extra early so that you could make you birthday pancakes." Colby said and put the tray on my lap.

"Well, thank you." I said with a smile as my eyes watered. "We put sprinkles!" Luna said happily causing my heart to melt.

"I see that." I said with a smile then picked up a pancake and took a bite of it.

"Okay girls, Uncle Sammy is gonna be here soon to pick you up." Colby said as they frowned. "I wanna lay with mommy." Nova said as Luna nodded.

"Yeah, I wanna lay with mommy." She said causing me to smile.

"You guys can lay with me for a little bit. Daddy will go pick out your outfits." I said as they jumped around happily.

"Alright, I'll come get you when I'm done." Colby said with a grin as the girls crawled into bed with me.

"Mommy, what did you get for your birthday?" Luna asked as they cuddled up to me. "You guys." I said and smiled down at them.

"We aren't presents!" Nova giggled and hid her face in my side. "Yeah, you are. You two are the best presents I've ever received in my entire life." I said and hugged them close. "Mommy, you're silly." Nova said but snuggled into me anyways.

I put my breakfast to the side so I could cuddle the girls for a little while before Colby came back into the room.

"Okay, girls. Do you want me to help you guys get dressed?" Colby asked and leaned on the doorframe.

"Daddy, we're almost five. We're big girls." Nova said causing him to chuckle. "Alright, big girls. Go get dressed then." He said and gestured for them to get out of bed and go get dressed.

"I'll meet you girls downstairs." I said as they got out of bed. "Okay, mommy!" Nova and Luna said at the same time as they ran out of the room.

"You three are adorable." I said and smiled at Colby. "It was Nova and Luna's idea." He said with a shrug. "Right, I believe that." I said then took a sip of my juice.

"They wanted to make you tomato soup for some reason but I convinced them pancakes were probably a better option." He said with a laugh.

"Well it's very sweet." I said as he came over to kiss me. "Happy birthday, baby girl." He said quietly then kissed me.

"Thank you." I said and put my hand on his cheek, caressing it gently. "What did you want to do today?" Colby asked as I breathed a laugh. "Honestly, I just want to lay here." I said with a laugh.

"We can do that." He said with a nod then sat on the bed next to me. I sat and ate my breakfast while the girls got dressed.

Once I was done I got out of bed so I could send the girls off on their little spa day.

When we got downstairs I brought my dishes to the kitchen to see a huge mess. "I'll clean it, I promise." Colby said as I laughed.

"I can help you." I said and turned the sink on. "Violet, you suck at being the birthday girl." He said as I started doing the dishes.

"Just because I was born today doesn't mean that the kitchen can be dirty." I said as Nova and Luna came downstairs.

They were wearing the outfits Colby picked out but their shirts were on backwards and inside out.