85

"Have you seen the man since you passed out?" Colby asked as I shook my head. "No, but I still feel weird." I mumbled and started washing the baking sheet in my hand.

"Do you feel like you're gonna pass out again?" Colby asked and braced himself to catch me.

"No...I think I'm just pregnant and tired and shaken up." I said then put my hand on my belly.

"Alright, let's make you some tea then we can get to bed." He said then wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I'm sorry for everything." I whispered and rested my head on his chest.

"Don't apologize, my love." He said and swayed with me. "I wish I could just shut off my abilities. I don't want them anymore." I said with a sniffle and buried my face in his chest.

"I don't want Nova and Luna to have it, and I want it all to go away." I said as he kissed my head.

"We're gonna see what happens with that and we're gonna work through this situation." Colby said then pushed me away slightly so he could look into my eyes.

"Being a medium is a part of you Violet. You wouldn't be you without it. I know it's scary and can be difficult sometimes, but it's what makes you, you." Colby said and caressed my cheek gently.

"And you're okay with it?" I asked and looked up at him. "I love it about you." He said then kissed me.

I smiled against his lips then pulled away. "We have to figure this out though." I said then turned to finish the dishes

"We will. I think we need to tell the girls though." Colby said as I sighed. "I don't know, Colby." I said quietly.

"I know it's scary but maybe we can explain it to them in a story format." He said causing me to turn around.

"What do you mean?" I asked and leaned against the counter.

"Halloween is coming up in less than a week. One of their bedtime stories can be about mediums. We won't tell them it's about them or you." He explained as I brought my hand to my belly.

"If they catch on and ask questions we can answer them as if it's about a fictional character." Colby said as I nodded.

"It's not a horrible idea." I said as he grinned. "You got a big brain in there, Brock." I said then winked.

"We should go to bed. I'm exhausted." I said and rubbed my belly gently. "Sounds great." Colby said then took my hand and led the way upstairs.

When we got to our bedroom we crawled into bed and cuddled in.

"How have you been feeling?" Colby asked as he put his hand on my belly, rubbing his thumb along my bump.

"Pretty okay. I can't wait to feel the baby kick. I've been getting little flutters but nothing major yet." I said and looked up at him.

"We find out the gender soon." He said quietly. "I know, our lovely friends are already planning a gender reveal." I said with a laugh.

"I don't know how they're doing that with a gender but okay." Colby said as I shrugged. "They always do the most." I said then rested my head on his chest.

"Goodnight, baby." Colby said quietly then kissed my head. "Goodnight, I love you." I said and closed my eyes. "I love you more."  He said with a yawn as I slowly drifted to sleep.

I was so exhausted from all of the events today that I was asleep within minutes.

It didn't last long before I heard Colby screaming in his sleep.