52

I was almost done with making the girls their snack when the front door was opening. "Mommy!!!" Nova and Luna skipped into the room.

"Hi, guys! I made you a snack." I said with a smile as they dropped their bags on the ground and got sat down at the island.

"Wait, guys. Bookbags upstairs, leave the lunchboxes here." I said as Sam and Colby came into the room.

"What about our snacks?" Luna asked as I grinned. "It's not going anywhere." I said then looked up at Sam and Colby.

"Don't eat our snack." Nova said to them as she and Luna picked up their bags, leaving their lunch boxes.

"Wouldn't dream of it." Sam said as Colby just shook his head and laughed. "Hey, V." Sam said as Colby came over to kiss my head.

"Hey, Sam. You excited to see the portal to Hell?" I asked as he breathed a laugh.

"The most excited. Can't wait to get an attachment." He said as I shook my head. "If you do, I might be able to make it go away." I said as he shook his head.

"I'm not gonna get an attachment." He said as Colby looked at my hand. "Did you cut yourself?" He asked as I nodded. "Yeah, I slipped." I said as he looked at me cautiously.

"Ooookay." He said as the twins came into the room. "Alright, here's your snacks." I said and slid them their plates.

I decided to make ants on a log which were celery sticks with peanut butter and little chocolate chips.

"We're gonna go do some work." Colby said then kissed my cheek. "Okay, have fun." I said with a small smile as they left the room.

"How was school?" I asked and started wiping down the counters. "It was so fun!! We learned a funny song! Lulu was laughing so hard!" Nova said as I giggled. "Will you sing it for me?" I asked as she nodded.

Nova started singing the song while Luna belly laughed. I couldn't help but feel the joy coursing through my veins at how adorable they were.

"That song was pretty silly." I said then turned towards the fridge so I could get a snack. "Thanks for the snack, mommy." Luna said quietly as I smiled.

"You're welcome, my loves. Are you gonna go play now?" I asked and grabbed a bag of shredded cheese.

"Yeah! Come on, sissy." Nova said as they got up and skipped out of the room. I smiled to myself then grabbed some bread so I could a grilled cheese for myself.

I decided to make a couple extra so I could bring them to Sam and Colby. I didn't know if they would even be hungry but I wanted to be helpful.

Once I was done making the sandwiches I made my way to the office where Sam and Colby were.

"Hey, I made you guys some sandwiches." I said quietly as I walked in. "Aw, thanks babe." Colby said as I walked over to them.

"What are you working on?" I asked and set the plate I was holding on the desk. "Just making sure our flights are booked." Sam said as I nodded and sat on Colby's lap.

"I'm so jealous that you guys are going to Bobby Mackey's." I said then took a bite of my sandwich.

"You should come." Sam said with a grin. "Nope. If the girls weren't in school then maybe." I said with a wink. "Nope. No portal to Hell for Violet Renee." Colby said as I pursed my lips.

"He used the full name so that's how you know it's serious." I said then stood up. "Are you staying for dinner, Sam?" I asked as he grabbed one of the sandwiches.

"Yeah, probably. Maybe we can get Kat over here." He said as I nodded. "I'll call her. What do you guys want me to make?" I asked and turned to leave the room.