139

Colby's POV

"Are you sure you're okay with this?" I asked as Violet nodded. "I'm absolutely positive." She said and closed her eyes, leaning her head back.

I could tell she was hurting and that there was something going on in her mind but she was stubborn.

She wouldn't ever put herself over our kids so even if she needed me here she wouldn't let me stay.

She was the best mom ever.

"Okay, want me to call someone to come hang out with you? Or I can get the girls in here and we can all hang out." I said as she shook her head.

"I think I'm just gonna take a nap." She said as I strapped Nicholas into his carrier. "Alright, baby girl. Just call me when you wake up. I love you. If you need me here I'll be here." I said then walked up to her.

"Just give them cuddles for me." She said quietly. "I will." I said then leaned down and kissed her. "I love you." She said and rested her hand on my cheek.

"I love you more." I said as she smiled up at me. "I'll stop by with the kids tomorrow so you can see them. I can tell this one is missing you already." I said as Nicholas stared at Violet.

"I miss him, too." Violet said as her eyes watered. "We can stay, V. Really." I said as she shook her head.

"No, you need to be with the girls. It's better this way." She said and shakily wiped a tear from her cheek.

"I'll be okay." She said and smiled reassuringly at me. "We'll be here tomorrow. I love you, Violet Renee." I said then kissed her one more time before turning to leave the room.

It felt strange to be leaving without her but I trusted her judgment and I trusted her.

I knew this was a hard decision for her but she was choosing her kids over herself, and I had to admire that.

When I got to the car I got Nicholas situated. I could feel my heart aching as he looked towards the hospital with a small pout on his face.

"I know, it's weird leaving mommy. We'll see her tomorrow though." I said as he cooed and looked up at me.

"Yeah, it'll be okay." I said then made sure he was situated.

I then got in the car and called Sam. "Hey, man." Sam said as I started the car. "Hey, where are you?" I asked and pulled out of the parking spot I was in.

"We're back at my place. How's Violet doing?" Sam asked as I started driving to his house. "She has post partum eclampsia. She had a brain bleed that's been taken care of. She's gotta be in the hospital for a while but I'm gonna be at home with the kids." I explained.

"Holy shit, you're leaving her there?" Sam asked in shock. "Yeah, it's what Violet wanted. She's gonna be sleeping a lot and we didn't think it was fair to Nova and Luna to leave them again." I explained and kept my eyes on the road.

"That's a tough choice but it's admirable. Did you want me to go to the hospital to be with V?" He asked as I breathed a laugh.

I couldn't believe how great of a friend Sam was. He had always been amazing and he was really my brother and my twin flame, but this was a new level of amazing.

He always treated Violet like a sister and like a member of his family and I was so grateful for him.

"If you want to swing by I'm sure she would love that. I know this is breaking her heart." I said with a sigh.

"It's gotta be hard. It's the first time she'll be away from Nicholas in the past nine months." Sam said as I groaned.

"I didn't even think of that. She offered to keep him at the hospital with her but she needs to be resting." I said with a sigh.