69

I walked over to the twins as they giggled and looked up at me. "Mommy, will you push us on the swing?" Nova asked as Luna looked over at Colby.

"Yeah, I'll push you on the swing." I said and took both of their hands. "Mommy, who is that lady?" Luna asked quietly.

"Uhh....that's daddy's friend." I said as we walked towards the swings. "Is she nice?" Nova asked as I shrugged.

"I don't know. I never really met her." I said then lifted them each onto a swing. "She looks mean." Luna said as I laughed.

"I'm sure she's nice, sweetie." I said then went behind them and started pushing them. While I did this I watched Colby as he talked to Lucy.

I was a little annoyed that he was still talking to her instead of watching the girls with me.

I didn't know if it was because I knew that Lucy was trying to piss me off or if I was just pissed he was giving her any attention to begin with.

I sighed then focused on the girls since they were more important than what was going on with Colby and Lucy.

"How are you feeling? Are we having fun?" I asked and pushed the twins on the swings, causing them to giggle.

"This is fun!" Nova said as Luna giggled. "Higher, mommy!" Luna said as I chuckled. "Okay, crazy girls." I said then pushed them a little higher.

After a couple minutes of this Colby came over. "Sorry about that." He said as I nodded. "Mhm." I said and focused on the girls.

"She was lying, V." He said as I nodded. "Okay." I said and kept my eyes forward. "Baby.." Colby said quietly causing me to sigh and looked over. "What?" I asked as he sighed. "I'm sorry..." He said as I nodded.

"You don't have to be sorry." I said and looked up at him. "Yeah, I do. We can talk about it later though." He said as I nodded. "Okay." I said then focused on the twins again.

I heard Colby sigh as I pushed the twins. I could tell he was disappointed in himself for some reason but I just didn't want to get into it.

I wanted to just enjoy my time with Nova and Luna.

We ended up playing on the swings for a while before we went back to our little picnic. "Mommy, can I have a cupcake?" Nova asked as I nodded. "What color?" I asked as she giggled.

"Pink!" She said as I grinned and grabbed a pink cupcake for her. "Do you want a cupcake, bug?" I asked as she giggled.

"Yellow, please." She said as I nodded and grabbed a yellow cupcake. "Babe?" I asked and looked up at Colby. "I'm good." He said then ate some goldfish. I smiled at him slightly then grabbed a cupcake for myself.

I was feeling a little disgusted at the thought of eating something so sweet but I wanted the twins to be happy.

I took a bite of the cupcake then put it down, grimacing at the sweetness. "These are so yummy!" Luna squealed happily as I nodded.

"So sweet." I said and looked at Colby. He chuckled then took the cupcake from me then took a bite and winked at me.

"Thank you." I mouthed then grabbed the jar of pickles. We enjoyed our little picnic for a while before the sun set and it was time to leave.

I was so proud of Nova and Luna for how brave they were about going into public. They did such a great job which was an amazing step in their recovery.

By the time we got home the girls were passed out in the back seat. "I wanted to get them a bath but I think we might need to take the L on this one." I said and pulled Luna into my arms.