84

Colby's POV

"Daddy, you look silly!" Nova said with a giggle. "I look just like you, coocoo." I said then booped her nose with my finger.

"You look sillier!" Luna said and brought her hands to her cheeks.

"You know who looks the silliest?" I asked and looked at them. "Who?" Nova asked. "Mommy." I said causing the twins to laugh.

"She's not silly! She's pretty. I wanna look like mommy." Luna said, which warmed my heart. "You girls look just like her. With your cute little freckles." I said as they giggled.

"Mommy says they are angel kisses." Nova said as I smiled. "They are-" I started but as interrupted by something downstairs.

"COLBY!" Violet screamed, causing my blood to run cold. "Wait here." I said to the twins then ran out of the room.

"Violet?!" I yelled as I ran down the stairs. I ran towards the kitchen only to see Violet standing next to the island.

She looked extremely pale and she was swaying slightly as if she was seconds away from fainting.

"Violet!" I yelled then ran towards her as she collapsed. "Shit!" I yelled and tried to catch her.

"I've got you." I whispered as I caught her, cradling her head so it wouldn't hit the floor.

"Is mommy okay?" Nova asked with tears in her eyes. "Yes, sweetie. Mommy is okay." I said as Luna screamed.

"What's wrong?!" I asked and looked up at her. "Daddy!!" Luna cried out as I pulled Violet into my arms. There was so much fear in her eyes that it broke my heart.

"What do you see, sweetheart?" I asked as both her and Nova ran over to me, wrapping their arms around my legs.

"Scary man!!" Nova screamed as my heart stopped. "Okay...let's go upstairs and away from the scary man." I said then started walking out of the room with Violet in my arms.

"Daddy!" Luna whimpered and pointed to the corner of the room. "It's okay, sweetheart." I said and tried to get her to follow.

"I'm scared." Nova said as I frowned. "I know, honey. We're gonna go upstairs and just hang out."  I said then led them upstairs.

"Why is mommy sleeping?" Luna asked as we walked into the bedroom. "She got really sleepy." I said then closed the door.

I laid Violet on the bed then turned to the twins. "Can you tell me what you saw?" I asked and crouched in front of them.

"Scary man in the corner of the room." Luna whispered as Nova nodded. "Okay, what did he look like?" I asked and carefully brushed their curls back.

"He was big. But he has no face." Nova said as a shiver ran down my spine.

"He's gone now. I know it's scary but you have to trust me and mommy that we're gonna get him to go away for good." I said then lifted them both up and brought them into the bathroom.

"I want mommy." Luna said as I nodded. "We're gonna wipe our faces off then we can snuggle with mommy while she sleeps." I said then sat them on the counter.

"When is she gonna wake up?" Nova asked as I got a washcloth wet. "Hmmm, could be a couple of hours. Could be a couple minutes." I said with a shrug.

"I hope it's soon. She can see the scary man." Luna said as I scrunched my brow. "What?" I asked as she nodded.

"Mommy sees him but you don't." Luna said as I just looked at her. I didn't know what to say but luckily I didn't have to worry because Violet was walking into the room.