19

"Violet, it's very important you stay awake." A random man said as I looked around.

I wanted to move my neck to fully take in my surroundings but I couldn't. Something was stopping me.

I could tell that I was in the back of an ambulance but everything was so foggy. "Wh-who's Violet?" I asked again with tears in my eyes.

"You're Violet and you had a pretty nasty fall. We're gonna take care of you though." The man said as a sharp pain filled my head, shooting down to my spine.

"It hurts." I whispered as the man nodded. "Yeah, it's gonna hurt for a while. Can you follow the light with your eyes?" He asked then shined a little light in my eyes. "Ow." I whimpered, closing my eyes tightly.

"I know it hurt, but we have to do this to help you." The guy said quietly. "Am I dying?" I asked and opened my eyes. "No ma'am. I'm not gonna let you die." He said as I forced my eyes to follow the light.

"Okay, it looks like this is going to be a pretty bad concussion. That explains the memory loss." He said as I frowned. "What happened?" I whispered, closing my eyes. "Keep your eyes open." The guy said then gently shook my arm.

I opened my eyes and frowned as the door of the ambulance opened. "Okay, we're gonna do some tests so just stay awake." The man said as they pulled my bed out of the truck.

I was so out of it that I didn't try to talk anymore. I had tests done on me for what felt like forever.

They did something to my head which hurt like an absolute bitch but I was still just trying to piece things together.

It was strange not having any idea who you were. I knew that my name was apparently Violet but I didn't know anything about myself. A few things were a little fuzzy but overall I was just a blank canvas.

"Okay, Violet. You have a really bad concussions we need you to stay awake for 24 hours so we can monitor it. You've got a couple fractured disks in your spine but as crazy as that is, it's the best outcome possible." A nurse said as she fluffed a blanket over my legs.

"Who were those guys?" I asked as a fuzzy image of a blonde haired man and a brunette men popped into my brain.

I remember them being there when the pain started. "Your husband and your friend." She said quietly causing me to smile.

"Colby.." I whispered as the name flitted through my mind. "Yeah, that's your husband." She said with a small smile. "Sam." I said and closed my eyes. "Keep your eyes open, Violet." The nurse said and squeezed my hand.

"Did you want me to go get Sam and Colby?" The nurse asked as I forced my eyes open. "Mhmm." I mumbled as she nodded.

"Let me grab someone so they can watch you while I go." She said as I fought my eyes from closing again.

The nurse touched the call button then waited until another nurse came in before she went to go get Sam and Colby.

Everything was still so foggy and I was in so much pain I thought I would throw up. I was having extreme deja vu as I tried to look around the room.

After a little while the door was opening and Sam and Colby were coming into the room. "Colby.." I whispered as fuzzy memories played in my head of us.

"Oh, Violet.." Colby said as she came over to the bed. "It hurts." I mumbled as he took my hand. "I know, love. I know." He said then carefully caressed my cheek.

"I'm glad you're okay, V." Sam said as I sniffled. "I don't feel okay." I said and closed my eyes.

"You have to stay awake, Violet." Colby said gently. "I'm so sleepy." I whispered with a frown and forced my eyes open.