68

The next week was the most boring week of my life. I had to be on bed rest so I wasn't able to do anything.

Colby has been so helpful with the twins since they were going to therapy until they could cope with what happened.

It broke my heart that I wasn't able to go but Colby would FaceTime me in so I could chime in and hear what they were saying.

Nova and Luna were doing much better than they were before but I knew more than anyone that trauma could bite you in the ass when you least expected it to.

"Mommy!" Nova squealed as she and Luna skipped into the room. "Hi, kiddos! How was therapy?" I asked as they hopped onto the bed.

"Good. Miss Robin is nice." Luna said quietly. "I'm glad she's nice. Where's daddy?" I asked as they cuddled into me.

"He's downstairs." Nova said as I nodded. "Cool cool. I think my boring butt gets to get out of bed today so do you want to go somewhere fun?" I asked and looked down at them.

"Like where?" Luna asked as I shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe on a walk or something? Whatever you want to do." I said with a smile as Colby came into the room with a bag of food.

"Oh, you got McDonald's?" I asked and looked up at him. "Yeah, that okay?" He asked and walked over to the bed.

"That's exactly what I wanted and needed, thank you." I said with a smile and took the bag from him.

"So today marks a week of bedrest...you know what that means?" I asked as Colby sat on the bed.

"Yeah, I already have a plan." Colby said with a grin then looked at the twins. "Come on, let's get ready while mommy eats dinner." He said then stood up again.

"Where are we going?" I asked as he grinned and took the twins so he could take them to get dressed.

"Stubborn ass man." I mumbled the opened the bag of food and started eating.

By the time I was done Colby was coming back into the room with the twins. They were dressed in casual clothes which meant we weren't going anywhere too fancy.

"Well aren't you cute?" I asked as they came to plop onto the bed. "They're excited." Colby said with a grin as I got out of bed.

"I better go get dressed then." I said with a smile then went into the closet. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a sweater then started to get dressed.

I was able to get the jeans on before my stomach flipped. "Shit." I hissed then ran towards the bathroom so I could throw up.

I groaned and rested my cheek on the toilet seat, waiting for the nausea to settle in my stomach. "Shit, V. You okay?" Colby asked as I nodded, closing my eyes.

"Baby didn't like the dinner that it wanted." I said as he came over and scratched my back. "Being pregnant is beautiful and I love it but it's also a fucking hoax." I said causing him to laugh.

"Yeah, It'll get better soon. Just gotta push through these next couple weeks." He said as I sat up. "I have to finish getting dressed." I said and looked down at the bra I was wearing.

"I like you in that." Colby said and helped me stand up. "I know you do." I said then went over to the sink and brushed my teeth. Once I was done with that I went into the closet and finished getting dressed.

"Okay, are we ready to go?" I asked as the girls giggled and hopped off the bed. "Yayyyy!!" They giggled then skipped over to me.

"Let's go." Colby said then led the way downstairs. "Do you know where we're going?" I asked as they nodded. "We're good secret keepers." Nova said as Luna giggled.