26

"Okay, I think we nailed it." Kat said as I tried to catch my breath. We just spent the past ten minutes trying to safely get me into the car.

Kat and Ki's rental car was an SUV so it was ten times harder to get into than the other car.

"I'm already exhausted." I mumbled as Ki started the car. "Yeah, that was dangerous." She said as Kat got in the back seat.

"Don't tell Colby." I said with a laugh. "I really like myself so I'm gonna hard pass on that." Ki said then started driving.

"Where are we going?" I asked with a sigh as I tried to relax. My head was hurting already but I was trying to not let it ruin our day.

"I thought we could go to lunch." Ki said as I nodded. "Good, I'm hungry as fuck." I said and put my hand on my stomach.

"Oh no. We have to feed her." Ki said with a giggle. "What's she gonna do? Throw her neck brace at us?" Kat asked causing me to laugh.

"Touché." I said then tried to look out the window.

We drove for a while before we pulled into the parking lot of a little restaurant. "The Funky Brunch Cafe?" I asked with a laugh.

"It sounded good." Ki said with a shrug. "Yeah, it sounds amazing." I said as she parked the car.

"Oh, I'm so excited for a mimosa." Kat said as they got out of the car. I sat and waited for a second while they set up my wheelchair.

I couldn't help but laugh that Ki actually stole a wheelchair. It was such a sweet but psycho gesture.

"Alright. Let's maybe not hurt you while we do this." Ki said as she opened my door. "We can do this. I just have to...." I said then turned my body so I could lean forwards.

I did this until my foot hit the concrete. "Shit, yeah." I said then reached my hands out. "I feel like I should be filming this." Kat said with a laugh. "Be my guest. I'm a badass." I said then took Ki's hands

"Easy....easy.." Ki said as she carefully helped me get into the wheelchair. As soon as I was sitting both she and Kat let out a sigh of relief. "I was fine guys." I said quietly and settled into the chair.

"We know, it's just a little nerve wrecking." Kat said then patted my shoulder gently. "Can we just forget about it as best as we can?" I asked with a sigh. "We won't mention it again." Ki said as she wheeled me towards the entrance.

I felt bad that I was being a bit standoffish about my injury but I was sick of people acting like I was so fragile.

I technically was fragile but I didn't want people to treat me like I would break from sitting in a wheelchair.

I wanted to just forget about it for a minute.

When we got inside we were brought to a table in the back room. "Can I get you ladies anything to drink?" The hostess asked as Ki parked my wheelchair.

"Mimosas." Kat said with a giggle. "Three mimosas?" The hostess asked as I shook my head slightly.

"No mimosa for me. Can I just get a regular orange juice?" I asked as she nodded and turned to walk away.

"No mimosa?" Kat asked as I shook my head. "Colby and I are still trying for a baby. I might be pregnant." I said as they both looked at me sympathetically.

"What?" I asked with a sigh. "Nothing...it's just..nothing." Ki said with a smile then looked down at her menu.

"Do you really think you could be pregnant?" Kat asked with a smile as we looked over our menus.