97

When we got home we brought the girls to their room and got them changed into their pajamas before getting them into bed.

"Did they hit their heads at all?" I asked and carefully tucked Nova in while Colby tucked in Luna.

"I'm not sure. There's no bump or cut so I don't think so. I think they hit their backs." Colby explained. "Still not good, but better." I said then stood up straight.

"Let's let them rest." I said then turned to leave the room. "You hungry?" Colby asked as we made our way down the hallway.

"I am but I feel weird eating in a time like this." I said with a frown as we went into our room.

"V, you're pregnant. You have to eat. I'm worried about the girls too but there's nothing we can do but wait." Colby said as we made our way to the closet.

"I feel awful for hurting them like this." I said as tried to unzip my dress. "You didn't hurt them, V. A demon did." Colby reminded and came over to unzip my dress for me.

"A demon that I brought to them." I mumbled as he kissed my shoulder. "Don't be so hard on yourself. If I didn't take you ghost hunting then this wouldn't be happening." He said as I carefully shrugged the dress off of my shoulders.

"That's why I won't be ghost hunting anymore." Colby said as I sighed. "Is that really what you want?" I asked and pulled one of his hoodies on.

"Yes." He said and pulled his shirt off, leaving him in just a pair of sweatpants. "You're sure?" I asked as he nodded.

"Positive." He said then gave me a gentle kiss. "Let's get you something to eat." He said then took my hand and led me out of the room.

I wanted to argue with him and tell him to really think about his decision but I couldn't blame him.

Colby probably felt just as horrible as I did and this was one thing he could control. It broke my heart knowing I ruined something special to him, but I knew there was nothing I could do or say to change his mind.

"Maybe I can get a job at a hospital." I said when we got to the kitchen. "Huh?" Colby asked and went to the fridge to grab me something.

"Since you won't be doing YouTube...plus I need to keep my mind occupied on something else so I don't lose it." I said and brought my sleeve to my teeth, chewing at it aimlessly.

"We're gonna have 3 kids in a couple months, V. You probably won't want to work when the baby gets here." He reminded and got stuff out to make grilled cheese.

"Maybe but you'll be here..I just feel like I need to pull my weight. I haven't had a job in years and you're not going to be making as much money since you-" I started but was interrupted by him kissing me, holding my face in his hands.

I melted into him, keeping my hands at my sides as he pulled away. "Don't worry your pretty little head off about money." He said then kissed my forehead and turned to make us some grilled cheese sandwiches.

"I have to worry just a little..I don't want to be dead weight in this family." I said as he breathed a laugh.

"Dead weight, V? Really?" He asked and focused on the pan in front of him.

"You keep this family together. Nova and Luna need their badass mom and I need my incredibly sexy wife at home or I'll go crazy." He said dramatically.

"You're such a dork." I said and walked over to him, resting my head on his arm, watching him work.

"Not as much as you, dork." He said then kissed the side of my head. I smiled and just watched him work for a second.