61

"So, what do you girls want to do today?" Colby asked as we sat on the couch. "Color." Luna said and focused on the coloring page she was working on.

"Okay, solid first step. What else would you like to do?" He asked and wrapped his arm around me and pulled me close.

"Pizza." Nova said and looked up at us. "You're addicted." I said with a laugh. "Pizza is so yummy nummy." She said and looked back at her drawing. "I could eat pizza." Colby said as I shook my head.

"I fell nauseous at the idea of eating pizza right now." I said and put my hand on my belly.

"Okay, what did you want?" Colby asked and rubbed my arm. "I think I just want some soup, oh yeah...that sounds good as hell." I said and looked up at him.

"Pizza for us, soup for you? We can do that." He said then kissed my head. "Oh! I forgot about my tea." I said then sat up. "I'll come with you." Colby said then stood up.

"How was your trip?" I asked then went over the tea that I had started. "It was fine. We got a lot of evidence." Colby said as I nodded. "Anything crazy happen?" I asked and looked up at him.

"Yeah, I got scratched at Mackey's." Colby said as my eyes widened. "Are you serious?" I asked as he nodded.

"Let me see." I said then walked over to him. "It's not a big deal, V. It's fading already." He said and lifted his shirt.

When he did this it revealed three long scratch marks across his back causing me to gasp. "Colby!" I said with wide eyes. "It barely hurts anymore. I promise I'm okay, V." Colby said as I ran my fingers along the scratches.

They were hot to the touch which stressed me out a little bit. "Turn around." I said with a sigh. "I'm okay, baby." Colby said as I looked up at him. "Give me your hands." I said and held my hands out.

Colby sighed then put his hands in mine. I closed my eyes and focused on his energy. I could feel something with him that was evil but it wasn't super strong.

I focused my energy on cleansing his soul and protecting him then pulled away. "Okay." I whispered and dropped his hands.

"What did you do? I feel way better." Colby said as I turned towards my tea again.

"I cleansed you. There was something attached." I said then leaned against the counter, feeling the exhaustion hit me.

"Woah, you don't look so good." Colby said and came over to hold me up.

"The baby is kicking my ass today. I'm so tired." I said with a laugh. "You can take a nap. I'll hang out with the twins." Colby said as I nodded. "Yeah, that's a good idea." I said with a sigh.

"Get some rest, baby. I'll see you when you wake up." He said then kissed me. "Wake me up if I sleep too long." I said as he shook his head.

"No way in hell am I waking up my pregnant wife." He said then put his hands on my upper arms and turned me towards the stairs. "Touché." I said then went up the stairs.

When I got to the bedroom I got in bed and fell asleep almost immediately. I don't know how long I was asleep before I was waking up.

I grunted as my stomach flipped. "Ohhhh." I moaned then got out bed and went into the bathroom.

"Vi-oh." Colby said as I threw up into the toilet. "It's starting." I said as he pulled my hair back and scratched my back.

"I have your soup made but if you're not up for it I can make you some tea." Colby said as I nodded.

"I'll try the soup." I mumbled then shakily stood up. "I'm happy to be getting sick." I said as he chuckled.

"Are you really or are you trying to stay positive?" He asked as I walked over to brush my teeth.