48

Colby's POV

"Okay, kiddos, are we ready to go school shopping?" I asked as I grabbed my car keys. "Yeah!!" Nova and Luna squealed as they jumped up and down.

"Orrrr we can not go to kindergarten." Violet said and pursed her lips.

"We need to go to school, mommy." Luna said and took her hand. "I know...I know..it's just hard for mommy." She said with a sigh.

"Why?" Nova asked as we made our way out to the car.

"Because you guys are growing up, and it's just a little sad. I want to be around you girls all the time." Violet said then looked down at them.

"We're old." Luna said as Nova nodded. "Grandmas." Nova said causing me to laugh. "You're five. Calm down." I said with a laugh then made sure they were situated in their carseats.

Once they were situated we got in the car and started making our way to the store.

It's been a week since Violet and I came back from our little trip which meant the twins' first day of school was next week.

Violet was having an extremely hard time with this because she felt out of control from how quickly the girls were growing up.

I was having a little bit of a hard time but nearly as bad as Violet. I could tell she was going to be a wreck when we dropped them off.

When we got to the store we got a cart and put the twins in the seat at the top of the cart.

"Alright, we need to pick out book bags and outfits for the first day. Also lunch boxes maybe some coloring supplies." Violet said as we walked through the aisles.

"Fun!" Nova said as I smiled. "Yeah, it is pretty fun." I said and pushed the cart towards the book bags.

"What are we thinking?" Violet asked as they looked at the backpacks.

"I want the yellow one!" Luna said and pointed to the yellow backpack with white flowers on it. "Good choice." Violet said then grabbed it and put it in the cart.

"What about you, Nova bear?" Violet asked as Nova stared at the different colored bags. "Pink!" She said and pointed to the pink zebra print backpack.

"That's a cool one, bear." I said then grabbed it and put it in the cart. "Okay, lunch boxes." Violet said then walked down the aisle. "FROZEN!" Nova screamed and pointed to the Frozen lunchbox.

"Okay, I'm gonna assume that's the one you want." Violet said with a laugh then grabbed it and tossed it into the cart.

"What about you, bug?" She asked and brushed Luna's curls from her face.

"Can I have the frozen one, too?" Luna asked quietly. "Of course, we'll just have to write your names on them." Violet said with a smile then grabbed another one of those lunch boxes.

"To coloring supplies!" I said then sped down the aisle causing the girls to laugh loudly. "Daddy!" They squealed happily, causing my heart to melt.

I loved nothing more than hearing those giggles.

I heard Violet laughing behind me also which sent my heart into overdrive. I just loved my little family so much.

When we got to the art supplies I looked over at Violet. "What do they need?" I asked as she shrugged.

"I don't know. Markers? Crayons? Pencils? Maybe some coloring books?" She said with a shrug.

"We'll get it all. You guys will be the coolest kids in class." I said then started grabbing every coloring medium they had.