8

I ended up staying up for the rest of the night.

I was afraid that I was going to have another nightmare and I really didn't want to wake Colby up to explain what I saw.

It freaked me out that this was the first nightmare I've had in a long as time considering it was so vivid.

Was it a sign that I had to get back into ghost hunting?

Were the abilities that I've been suppressing for so long trying to come out?

I shook my head at the thought then carefully got out of bed. I then went down to the kitchen so I could start making a super extravagant breakfast for the twins.

I decided I was going to make both of their favorite foods. Nova's favorite breakfast was banana bread and Luna's was strawberry waffles.

I also decided since it was super early that I was going to make carrot cake muffins with cream cheese frosting.

"Alright.." I whispered to myself then got to work. I knew it probably wasn't the greatest idea to be awake for so long considering we had a very long day ahead of us, but I guess I would just have to drink some coffee.

I spent the next couple hours baking and preparing breakfast for the girls. I was almost done when Colby came downstairs.

"Hey, baby. You're up early." He said and came over to me. "Yeah, how'd you sleep?" I asked as he kissed my cheek.

"I slept well. What are you making?" He asked and gestured to the various things I was working on.

"Nova's banana bread, Luna's strawberry waffles, and I'm feeling extra wild so I'm making carrot cake muffins with cream cheese frosting." I said and looked down at the batter I was mixing.

"So, you didn't sleep at all then." Colby said and raised his brows. "I did for a little bit." I said quietly.

"V, I know it's heartbreaking that we're having a hard time getting pregnant but I need you to talk to me." He said and took my hands, stopping me from working.

"It wasn't that, Colby. I'm upset about that but I'm used to it at this point. I'm just antsy." I said quietly. "Antsy about the girls' birthday?" He asked as I nodded.

"Yeah...they're just getting so old. It's hard to handle." I said quietly.

"I know, love. They're the same little girls that they were yesterday they're just a little older." Colby said as I nodded.

"Before we know it though they're gonna be adults and we'll be old." I said causing him to chuckle.

"That's a little dramatic, V." Colby said as I nodded. "I know, but it's gone so fast. I feel like we're wasting it." I said with a sigh. "What do you mean?" He asked as I continued cooking.

"I don't know...it's just that I know you aren't happy with your career because of me and you and Sam have so much potent-" I started but was interrupted by Colby taking my hands again.

"Woah. Where is this coming from?" Colby asked with concern.

"I just know you guys would rather do things differently but because of the twins I'm holding you back. Life is just too short to be held back." I said quietly and looked into his eyes.

"I don't know why you think that you're holding me and Sam back. We all decided as a group that this would be what's best." Colby said and took a step closer to me.

"Do you wish you could change it though?" I asked as he shook his head.

"No, it's already hard enough being away from you and the girls for weeks at a time. I couldn't imagine being away every other week. That's what would happen if we changed things." He said and brushed my hair behind my ear.