33

A couple weeks have passed since Colby and I got home from Savannah. I was finally able to take my back brace off and I've been doing well with my physical therapy.

Sam and Colby were going out of town again tomorrow since they lost a lot of footage from their Savannah trip. Luckily, it would only be for a couple of days.

Nova and Luna were still seeing and talking to ghosts but Colby and I were trying to ignore it as best as we could.

I didn't know how to navigate that situation and I wanted to make sure that we did this right.

Right now Colby and I were packing for his trip while the girls took their nap.

"Okay, you can take that sweatshirt but I get this one." I said and pulled one of his sweatshirts down and hugged it.

"Deal. I get to take one of your shirts though." Colby said as I scrunched my brows at him.

"Why?" I asked as he grinned. "Same reason as you wanting my sweatshirt." He said as I giggled. "You're gonna wear it?" I asked as he nodded. "Yeah, of course." He teased then zipped up his bag.

"Alright, I think that's everything." Colby said and looked up at me. "There's one more thing we should do before you go.." I said and bit my lip.

"Pregnancy test?" He asked as I nodded. "Yeah, my period is a couple days late." I said quietly.

"Okay, let's go then." He said and held his hands out to help me up. I smiled at him then took his hands and hoisted myself up.

"Have I mentioned that I love not having a back brace on?" I asked as we made our way to the bathroom.

"Pretty much every day." Colby said with a laugh. "I just feel so free." I said and threw my arms in the air. "Woah, you're still technically healing, V. Calm down with all that." He said and laughed.

"I'm careful, I'm careful." I said then went over to the sink so I could grab a pregnancy test. "Do you want me in here while you take it?" Colby asked as I shrugged.

"I don't care. If you wanna stay you can." I said then opened the package and walked towards the toilet.

"I'll go check on the girls really quick." Colby said then left the room. I sighed then peed on the test before capping it back up.

I sighed then held the test closely to my chest. "Please.." I begged and closed my eyes. I stood up then leaned my back against the wall while I waited the dreaded five minutes.

Colby came back into the room after a minute and walked over to me. "How much longer?" He asked quietly.

"Three minutes." I said and looked into his eyes. "I'm nervous." I whispered as he brushed my hair behind my ear.

"It's gonna be okay." He said then leaned in and gave me a gentle kiss.

We sat and waited for the next three minutes before my alarm went off. "Ready?" Colby asked as I nodded. "I'll turn it on three...one.." I said and looked down at the test. "Two..." I said then sighed. "Three." I said then took a deep breath and flipped the test over.

Negative.

I felt my heart break into a million pieces as tears welled in my eyes. "I'm so sorry, V." Colby said as I started to cry.

I dropped the test and slid down the wall, putting my hands on my face. Colby sat down next to me and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close.

"I'm so sorry, Colby. I'm sorry for failing you." I wailed as he held me close. "Shhh...don't talk like that." He said and gently combed his fingers through my hair. "I'm sorry." I cried out, holding onto him.