96

I felt everything. All the intensity that was pooling in the room. I heard Colby screaming in agony, and crying out for the twins.

The twins.

I couldn't hear them anymore. Were they okay? I swear to God if they weren't okay I was going to freak the fuck out.

Before I could think of anything else there was a deep pain in my chest, and my hands were burning.

It felt like my whole body was going to explode. The pain was unbearable but the sound of Sam, Colby, and Ki screaming was even worse.

I tried to open my eyes but I could feel all of the energy pouring out of my body.

It wasn't long before I was passing out.

Everything was numb and silent. I felt like I ran a 500 mile marathon and all of my muscles were sore.

I didn't know how long I was out before I started to become more conscious. I could feel Colby's hand in mine, and his fingers were gently brushing against my arm.

I couldn't hear anyone else in the room and I couldn't hear the twins.

I forced my eyes to flutter open, but the pain that filled my head when I did that had me gasping for air.

"There you are." Colby said quietly as he leaned over and caressed my cheek gently. I looked around the room, feeling a sudden panic in my chest.

"Hey...shhh...you're okay." Colby said calmly as I slowly sat up.

"What happened? What's wrong with Nova and Luna?" I asked and looked around frantically.

"They were brave. Something very powerful was attached to them, and it was stopping you from helping." Colby explained gently, brushing my hair back.

"W-why are they asleep..." I whispered, my voice cracking. "They had a lot of energy sucked out of them. They probably won't wake up until tomorrow." He explained as tears stung my eyes.

"It's all my fault." I squeaked out, holding back a sob. "No. Don't do that, V." Colby said and took my hands.

"They don't deserve this!" I wailed, feeling all of the emotions pouring out of me. "If my stupid medium genes didn't get passed on, they would be enjoying their favorite holiday!!" I sobbed out as Colby wrapped his arms around me, pulling me tightly into him.

"Shhh...don't talk like that." Colby whispered as he kissed my head. "I'm so sorry..." I said and melted into him, letting him just hold me.

"Don't do that, V. Don't do that." He cooed, gently rubbing my back. "I talked to Sam." He said quietly causing me to pull away and look at him.

"What?" I asked and looked into his eyes. "I talked to Sam about stopping YouTube." He said and took my hand, rubbing his thumb along my knuckles.

"Colby...you don't have-" I started but was interrupted by him. "Yes, I do." He said with intensity as he looked into my eyes.

"What happened tonight was the most terrifying thing I have ever dealt with." He said then looked at the twins, sighing.

"They don't deserve to go through this." He said as I looked at Nova and Luna. They were both pale and drained but they looked so peaceful.

"I can't put them in harms way again. This was the final straw and I don't care if I lose everything. I'm not losing you or our kids." He said then looked at me. "Please understand that." He said as I nodded.

"I'll suppress my gift again." I said as he shook his head. "Violet, you don't have to do that." HE said as I looked down.

"If I repress mine then we can repress the girls'. They won't have to deal with this anymore. Seeing the dead." I said then sniffled and put my hand on my belly. "And this one won't have to deal with it at all." I said and looked up at him.