108

"Is this warm enough?" I asked and looked down at my outfit. "Yes, V. It's warm enough." Colby said as he texted someone.

"Ready to go?" He asked after a minute and looked up at me. "Yep. More than ready." I said as he grabbed the keys.

"Let's go then." He said and led the way outside. When we got to the car, Colby opened my door for me and helped me get in.

"I'm excited." I said and looked over at him as he got in. "Me too. How's the anxiety?" Colby asked as I shrugged.

"It's fine. I trust Amy and I trust you." I said as he took my hand. "We know how scary this pregnancy is for you. We're not taking any risks." He said as I nodded.

"I appreciate that." I said as he kissed my hand. We drove for a while before Colby pulled into a random parking lot.

"Hm." I said and looked over at him. "What's up?" Colby asked with a grin. "Are we allowed to be hiking?" I asked as he nodded.

"I cleared everything with Amy before we came. Don't worry about anything." Colby said then got out of the car and opened the back door so he could grab something.

I got out of the car and looked around, pulling my jacket around me tighter.

I was so happy that Colby was taking precautions and that he cleared every activity because I would have been nervous to do anything if he didn't.

"Alright, let's go." Colby said and took my hand. "This gives me deja vu." I said with a smile as we walked up the trail.

"Yeah? What if I proposed again." Colby said causing me to laugh. "I'd say yes again." I said and squeezed his hand.

"I can't believe how unbelievably nervous I was about proposing. It seems so silly now." Colby said as I nodded.

"Yeah, I was a huge dick and gave off the vibe that I would say no." I said as he laughed. "You weren't a huge dick." He said as we walked.

"You had just gone through something traumatic surrounding marriage and I knew it might have been too soon to ask. I just couldn't wait though." He said quietly.

"I didn't want to wait another day because I wanted it to be solid. I knew I wanted to marry you." Colby said as I smiled.

"I know I was weird about marriage but I knew I wanted to marry you. I was grateful you gave me time to process things before we did it." I said and looked up at him.

"I love you." He said as I smiled. "I love you more." I said as we walked up to a clearing.

In the middle of the snowy plain there was a picnic set up with twinkling lights surround it. In the sky were the beautiful northern lights which were even more beautiful than I remembered.

"Colby.." I whispered and looked up at him. "You like it?" He asked as my eyes stung with tears. "How'd you do this?" I asked and started to cry.

"I know a friend. She set it up for me." Colby said with a laugh as he wiped my tears. "I love it so much." I cried out and hugged him, hiding my face in his chest.

"Don't cry, V." He said and kissed my head. "You're just so sweet, I can't believe it." I said with a sniffle and wiped my eyes.

"You deserve this. You deserve the best." He said then winked and took my hand.

"Let me how you what we have." He said then led me towards the picnic. "Can we just...watch." I said and looked up at the sky.

"It's beautiful." Colby said and wrapped his arms around me, letting me look up at the sky for a little bit.