89

"Hey, babe?" I called out as I looked down at the long black dress that was on the floor.

"Yeah?" Colby called out as I laid one of the gold detailings on it. "Do you thi- what is on your face?" I asked as he walked into the room.

On his cheeks was bright pink blush in sloppy circles. He also had smudged red lipstick and blue eyeshadow on which looked ridiculous.

"Nova and Luna wanted to give me a makeover." He said then crouched down to be level with me.

"That's fucking adorable. Anyways, do you think this looks good?" I asked and gestured to the dress.

"Yeah, you're gonna look gorgeous." He said then kissed my cheek. "And you're already gorgeous." I said with a laugh and booped his nose.

"Alright. Anything else you need?" Colby grumbled as he stood up. "Yeah, can I get some gummy bears?" I asked as he grinned.

"Sure thing, baby." He said then left the room. I giggled then grabbed the hot glue gun and started gluing the gold details onto my black dress.

I worked on the dress for a minute before Colby was coming back into the room again.

"Here's your gummy bears." Colby said then set them down next to me.

"Thanks, ba-OW!" I hissed as the glue gun burned me. "Oh, shit. Are you okay?" Colby asked as I nodded.

"Yeah. I fucking hate this thing." I said then looked up at him. "You better go before the girls get impatient." I said as he leaned down and kissed me.

"We have to tell them their story today." He said as I nodded. "Yeah, just come get me when they're about to go to bed." I said then grabbed the bag of gummy bears and opened it.

"Will do. Love you, V." Colby said then turned to leave the room. "Love you more." I said then popped a gummy bear into my mouth.

"Your daddy is super sweet and is really handsome, don't you think?" I asked my belly as I aimlessly chewed on the gummy bears.

"Yeah. You're pretty lucky, kid." I said with a smile then leaned against the bed.

"You have the best dad and the coolest older sisters. They are so excited to meet you and so am I." I said and rubbed my belly.

I sat there for a couple minutes before Colby was coming back into the room.

"Ready for this?" He asked and held his hands down so he could help me up.

"Yeah, I have a feeling they're gonna catch on." I said with a sigh as he helped me stand.

"Maybe but we'll get through it." He said then wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close so he could miss my head.

"Yeah, we got this." I said with a smile as we made our way out of the room.

When we got to the girls' room we went over to the bed.

"Mommy, did you see daddy's makeup?" Nova asked as I giggled. "Yes, love. He looks very pretty." I said then sat down.

"Are you ready for a story?" I asked and brushed Luna's hair back from her forehead.

"Yeah!!" Nova and Luna squealed at the same time. "This one is gonna be a little spooky because Halloween but it won't be too scary." I explained as Colby sat next to Nova.

"I love Halloween." Luna said with a smile as I nodded. "Me, too." I said then looked at Colby.

"Okay. So we're gonna tell you a story about a girl who sees ghosts." Colby said as the girls gasped.