132

Colby's POV

Once Nicholas was done eating, Violet handed him off to me so I could finish burping him.

"Violet. Sleep." I said as she looked up at me. I could tell by the look on her face that she was absolutely spent. I didn't blame her considering she was pushing for so long.

"Wake me up if he needs me." Violet said as I nodded. "We're gonna have our first father son bonding time." I said with a laugh as she smiled.

"I love you." She whispered then shifted to get comfortable, hissing from the pain. "I love you more, baby." I said then leaned down and gave her a kiss.

I then sat down with Nicholas in my arms. "We're gonna let mommy sleep, huh?" I asked and patted his back so that he would burp.

It only took Violet a few minutes to fall asleep which I was grateful for because she was really exhausted.

I knew that I was tired from being up for most of the day and night but I didn't have to do any of the hard work like Violet did.

Once Nicholas was done burping I positioned him so that he was laying in my arms. I couldn't get over how in love with him I was.

He was an adorable baby with a little button nose and big pouted lips. His cheeks were rosey and plump and he had a little bit of black hair that was covered by a beanie.

I just couldn't wait to see what he looks like when he grows up.

I sat in the chair for a while before he was fast asleep. I felt the exhaustion creeping up on me which made it difficult to stay awake.

"Hey." A nurse said as she came into the room. "Hey." I said and looked up at her. "Did you want me to take him so you can sleep?" She asked as I yawned.

"Do you mind?" I asked as she shook her head. "Nope, not at all. I was actually coming up here to get him anyways. We like to monitor them closely while the parents sleep." She said and came over to me.

"This is the first time we actually got to have the baby in the room with us the first day. With our twins they were in the NICU." I explained as she nodded.

"That must have been scary for first time parents." She said and rolled the bassinet over. "Yeah, it was. Now we are totally clueless on how to not have premature twins." I said and stood up.

"Well, it's way easier. Not as much stress. We'll just take him to the nursery and keep an eye on him for you guys. Then when you wake up we'll bring him back unless there's a problem." She explained as I laid Nicholas in the bassinet.

"That makes sense." I said as she nodded. "So just try to get some rest. You know you won't be sleeping when you get out of here so take this opportunity." She said with a reassuring smile.

"Thanks again." I said as she smiled and wheeled him out of the room. I sighed then went to lay on the couch.

It didn't flake for me to fall asleep since the exhaustion was hitting full force. I didn't know how long I was asleep though before I woke up to screaming.

"Colby!!! Wake up!!" Violet sobbed out, causing me to sit up.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?!" I asked and bolted up so I could run to her.

"Someone stole our baby!!! Colby, where is Nicholas!!" Violet sobbed out and tried to get out of bed.

"Woah! Hey, relax. It's okay, V." I said and stopped her from getting up. "It's not okay, Colby! I-it's not okay!" She sobbed and looked at me with so much fear it shattered my heart completely.