57

"Alright, Shawn and I will be here to get you after school." I said to Nova and Luna as I crouched in front of them.

Today was the day Colby was leaving to go on his work trip. We both brought the twins to school so they could say goodbye to him.

"Okay, mommy." Nova said as Luna nodded. "Say goodbye to daddy." I said with a small smile then stood up straight and moved out of the way.

"Bye, daddy!" Nova squealed as she hugged Colby tightly.

"Bye, sweetheart. Be good for mommy and have lots of fun at school." He said then kissed the side of her head.

"Bye, daddy!" Luna said and hugged Colby. "Bye, bug. Be good for mommy and babe lots of fun at school." He said then kissed her head.

"I love you girls so much." He said and smoothed their hair down. "I love you more!" Nova and Luna said at the same time.

"Alright, don't be late. I'll see you in a couple days." He said then stood up straight. "Come on, Lulu!" Nova said and took Luna's hand, leading the way inside.

"They're getting so grown up." I said quietly as we watched them go inside. "Yeah, they really are." He said and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"I'm taking you to Sam's right?" I asked as he nodded. "Yeah." Colby said then took my hand and led the way to the car.

"I can drive if you want." Colby said as I shook my head. "It's alright. I think I might come in and visit before you go." I said and got in the car.

"I was hoping you would do that." He said as I started the car.

"I'm gonna miss you." I said with a sigh. "I know. I'm gonna miss you, too. Promise you'll try to relax while I'm gone?" Colby asked as I nodded.

"I will be snorting lavender buds. Maybe Nova and Luna will want to have a spa night." I said with a smile as I drove to Sam and Kat's house.

"That would be a great idea. I wish you would stay with Ki and Shawn though." Colby said as I sighed.

"I just don't want to change up the morning routine for the girls. Plus I don't want to infiltrate on their life more than we already are." I said quietly.

"We're talking about Ki though. The girl loves you like you're blood." Colby said as I nodded.

"Yeah, I know they wouldn't mind. I would though." I said and focused on the road.

I knew that the girls and I would be welcome in Ki and Shawn's home for the week but I wanted to challenge myself.

I wanted to be able to do this with as little help as possible. I wanted to be able to take care of the girls and myself and be totally fine.

I was determined to do it.

When we got to Sam and Kat's house we unloaded Colby's luggage then went inside. "Hey, guys." Sam said as we walked into the house.

"Hey, man. You ready for another great trip?" Colby asked with a grin.

"Yep. We're gonna have fun exploring the pits of Hell." Sam said sarcastically. "The spirits there are really violent so please be careful guys." I said with a sigh.

"We'll be careful. We have those protection necklaces you got us." Kat said as she put her hand on the necklace I got them.

A couple years ago I got Sam, Colby, and Kat protection necklaces because I was so scared that they were going to get hurt or possessed while I wasn't with them.

I didn't know if they would actually do anything for them but it gave me a peace of mind.

"Good. Never take them off." I said then looked at Sam. "When do you guys have to leave?" I asked as he looked at his phone.