40

I laid in bed for a long time before the girls started to wake up. "Mommy?" Nova asked as she looked up at me.

"Yes, my love?" I asked as she yawned. "Can we make toast?" She asked causing me to giggle.

"Just toast?" I asked as she nodded. "My tummy hurts." She said causing me to frown.

"Oh no. Are you getting sick, bear?" I asked and brought my hand to her head.

"Hmm...you are kinda warm." I said quietly then sat up. I reached over and put my hand on Luna's head. "Oh no...." I mumbled, feeling that she was also warm.

"Okay..I'm gonna go make you and sissy some toast, just stay here." I said then kissed Nova's head then got out of bed. "But...I wanna come with." Nova said quietly.

"I just don't want sissy to be scared when she wakes up." I explained as she nodded. "Okay, I'll stay for sissy." Nova said with a nod.

"Thank you. I'll bring a surprise in here with your toast. How about that?" I asked as she smiled.

"A surprise?" She asked as I nodded. "Yep. Just stay here." I said then left the room.

I made my way to the living room where Colby was sleeping, then went to shake him awake. "Hmm?" He groaned and covered his eyes.

"I think Nova and Luna are sick. Nova requested toast and I promised her a surprise so you gotta get up." I said and brushed his hair back.

"Shit..okay." Colby said then sat up. "Meet me in the kitchen. I'm gonna see if I can find some buckets or something in case they throw up." I explained as he nodded.

I then went into the kitchen, seeing Ki was up. "Hey!" I said with a smile as she looked up at me. "Your husband and his girlfriend piss me off." She said as I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm not the happiest with them either but I'm so sorry they woke you up." I said with a sigh. "Idiots. They're idiots." She said as I nodded.

"Yeah..do you have a couple buckets or bowls or something? Nova and Luna are sick and I don't want to clean up vomit today." I said with a sigh.

"Awe, they're sick?" Ki asked with a frown. "Nova woke up telling me her stomach was upset and she felt warm. Luna was still asleep but she also felt warm." I explained as Ki led the way to the laundry room.

"That's horrible. I hope they aren't too sick." Ki said as I nodded. "Yeah, me too." I said quietly. as she handed me a couple of buckets.

"Thank you." I said then turned to go back to the room.

When I walked in Nova and Luna were both sitting up.

They both looked really pale and were breathing from their mouths which confirmed that they weren't feeling well.

"Hi, my loves. I brought these for you so if you feel like you're gonna-" I started but was interrupted by both of them leaning forwards, throwing up into their respective buckets.

"Okay." I said then sat on the bed in front of them. "Mommy." Luna whimpered as she looked up at me with tears in her eyes. "I know, bug." I whispered and pushed her curls back.

"I'm gonna make some toast for you guys. Just stay put, okay?" I asked and brushed Nova's curls back.

"Were these the surprise?" Nova asked and looked at the buckets. "No, silly." I said with a giggle then stood up. "I'll be right back." I said then left the room.

I closed the door then made my way to the kitchen where Ki and Colby were. "I'm sorry, Ki. I know I'm an idiot." Colby said as he leaned against the counter.