123

I turned around, my blood running cold. "Wow.." Jarrod said and took in my appearance.

"You look beautiful." He said said I shifted uncomfortably. "Yeah.." I said and took a step back.

"Come on, V. You're acting like you don't recognize me." Jarrod said with a sigh. "Why are you here? You should be in Colorado." I mumbled and put my hands on my belly.

"My brother lives in Sacramento. I'm visiting him for the weekend." He said and gestured to a dude and his wife with their two kids.

"I was just going to the bathroom and was shocked to see you...I see you're pregnant." He said and gestured to my belly.

"Yeah, and I really have to pee so I'm just gonna-" I started as I turned to walk away. "Wait, V." Jarrod said as I shook my head.

"No. I'm not going to wait, Jarrod." I said harshly then waddled towards the bathroom. I didn't realize how scared I was to see him until I looked down at my trembling hands.

I hadn't seen Jarrod since he assaulted me and I never intended on seeing him again. Part of me was worried that he was stalking me and that made me more afraid than anything else.

I quickly went to the bathroom then looked in the mirror for a second. I had the same tired expression I've been carrying around lately, but now there was a glint of fear behind my eyes.

I didn't want to startle Colby or the girls and have them pack up the picnic but I didn't want Jarrod around me.

I wanted him to go back to where he came from.

I waited in the bathroom for a while before my feet and hips started killing me. I desperately needed to sit down so I just had to get over my fear and get to Colby and the twins.

Jarrod wouldn't bother me with Colby around.

I walked out of the bathroom then tried to walk as quickly as I could towards where Colby would be.

"Violet! Wait!" Jarrod called out and jogged towards me. "I really think we should talk." He said as I shook my head.

"I really think we shouldn't." I mumbled and kept walking. "V. I know what I did was horrible but I've changed." He said as I whipped around to look at him.

"I don't care! You fucking assaulted me!  You can't take back what you did and frankly you fucking scare me." I said as a contraction hit.

"Ooo.." I mumbled and put my hand on my belly. "Are you okay? Are you in labor?" Jarrod asked and rushed over, putting his hands on my belly.

"Get away from me!" I yelled and took a step back. "Is this guy bothering you?" A random man asked as I nodded.

"Hey, back up man." The guy said and shooed Jarrod away. "Are you fucking serious, Vi?! You KNOW me. You know I'm not like that." Jarrod said as I shook my head.

"I don't know this man." I said quietly as the guy nodded. "You heard her. Get out of here." The man said and stepped between us.

"Whatever, Violet." He said then stormed away. "Are you okay?" The man asked as I nodded. "Can you walk me to my husband?" I asked as he nodded.

"Of course." He said then nudged his head for me to lead the way.

We had to walk slowly because I was in some serious pain but we eventually made it to Colby, Nova, and Luna.

"Hey-who's this?" Colby asked and looked at the guy who walked me over here. "John. Some guy was harassing her." He explained as Colby looked at me with concern.

"You okay, V?" He asked and stood up, taking my hands. "Yeah. Thank you." I said and turned to John. "No problem." He said with a nod and walked away.

"What happened, V?" Colby asked as I looked sround nervously. "Um...Ooo." I groaned and put my hands on my belly.