30

I woke up the next morning to Nova and Luna jumping on the bed. "Mommy! Daddy! Wake up!" Nova said as Colby tightened his arms around me.

"Oof-" I groaned as a sharp pain filled my spine. "Girls, be careful." Colby said gently, causing the girls to stop jumping.

"Sorry, mommy." Luna said with a thick voice. I frowned then looked up at her.

Luna was looking at me with tears in her eyes as she chewed her lip. "It's okay, sweetheart." I said and reached up so I could caress her cheek.

"We're sorry, mommy. We forgot." Nova said quietly.

"It's alright, honey. Are papa and nana up?" I asked and sat up carefully. "Yeah, they made breakfast!" Nova said with a smile.

"Okay, we'll be right there." I said with a reassuring smile. "Okay, we'll keep it toasty!" Luna said with a smile as they both hopped off of the bed.

"You okay?" Colby asked as soon as they were gone. "Yeah, I'll live." I said with a small smile. I was sick of being in pain but I was so excited for physical therapy.

I knew it was going to hurt a lot but it was a huge step towards my recovery.

Colby helped me take a shower and get ready because I had to go to my physical therapy appointment and Colby had to drop his parents off at the airport.

"Good morning!" Colby said as we walked into the kitchen. "Good morning! Did these cuties wake you up?" Colby's mom asked as Nova and Luna giggled. "Oh, yeah. They're the best alarm clocks out there." Colby said with a smile.

"We aren't alarm clocks!" Nova said with a giggle. "Yep. You are." I teased and sat down at the table. "Silly mommy, we're just girls." Luna said with a laugh.

"You're right, I'm just silly." I said with a smile. "Thanks for breakfast, mom and dad." Colby said as I nodded.

"Yes, thank you. You didn't have to do that." I said as Colby's mom put a plate of food in front of me.

"You have to fuel up before your physical therapy appointment." She said and smoothed my hair down. "You're too nice." I said then took a bite of the eggs she made.

"I have to take care of my kids." She said with a grin. It made me so happy that she was so accepting about adding me to the family.

Both of Colby's parents were so gracious about it since they never tried to replace my real parents.

They were just the best in laws ever.

We sat and ate breakfast together then got ready to go on our little adventure today. "Daddy, where are we going?" Luna asked as we made our way to the car.

"Well, we need to drop mommy off at the doctors, then we have to drop nana and papa off at the airport." Colby explained as we got in the car.

"Why does mommy have to go to the doctors?" Nova asked with a frown. "A doctor has to help me with my ouchie." I explained as Colby checked their car seats.

"Why can't daddy help you with your ouchie?" Luna asked as I chuckled. "Daddy isn't qualified." I said as Colby laughed.

"What is koalafi...?" Nova asked as I laughed. "Qualified means that he isn't skilled enough to help me. He would need to go to school." I said as Luna gasped. "We're going to school soon!" She said as my heart ached.

The twins were going to start kindergarten in a couple weeks which was absolutely stressing me out because they were getting older.

"Alright, we're ready." Colby's dad said as he and Colby's mom got in the car. "Perfect. Let's get going." Colby said then started driving.