Something About You

"She looks just like a dream. The prettiest girl I've ever seen."

- Eyedress, Dent May (Something About You, 2021)

____________

Y/N's POV

I barely got any sleep last night. I tossed and turned, thinking about how my surprise party really pushed all the wrong buttons that triggered her. I should've known not to push her to her limit. I knew that her mood swings would come, but I didn't think that it would be this soon. I can't say I was surprised that she exploded on me last night, but it still hurt nonetheless.

I was hoping for a much better ending. Maybe one where I would end up sleeping right next to her. But, my stupidity ruined everything. Now, she's upset, and not only that, she seemed pretty agitated the entire time I was with her after the party. It was like I was the last person she wanted to see, and preferably not to be with. She looked at me with disgust, and that did it for me.

I woke up earlier than usual. It was only six in the morning when I looked at my phone, so I decided to go for a morning run. I haven't been able to keep up with my cardio, which showed because I was already out of breath by the fourth out of my six mile run. I still pushed through because running makes me feel better. On the way back, I decided to stop by Ether's Bagel Shop and get her some bagels as a form of apology from last night.

I was immediately welcomed by Oscar, and since I'm a regular, he already knew what I wanted and began making them. While he did, Oscar talked to me about how he's expanding his business throughout the west coast and some on the east. I was proud of him, and made sure to tell him this.

"Here you go." Oscar handed me a bag filled with freshly made bagels. "I hope that everything works out between you and Ms. Liz."

I clutched on the bag, my gaze somehow glued to my feet like I'm ashamed of showing myself, "Me too. Hopefully she forgives me for my mistake last night."

"I'm sure she will." The man offered me a smile as he ushered me toward the door. "Be safe, Y/N. And protect that head of yours."

I chuckled, "Alright. See you whenever."

The run back was awfully short and despite the three mile distance, I didn't feel as tired as when I started. Maybe it was the excitement coursing through my body because I can't wait to see her, but something about coming home to her makes me feel joyous.

I turned the key into the fob, turning it slowly before entering her quiet home. I placed the keys back into the bowl, catching my breath a bit and letting the cold air of the living room relax my body. I don't hear anything on the first floor, which could mean that she's still sleeping.

I made my way to the kitchen but before I could turn, something hit me in the back of the head, making me drop the bag filled with bagels. I took a glance at the item that made me wince in pain, a smile slowly forming on my lips when I realized what it was. A blender. I picked it up along with the bagels, and diverted my attention to a seemingly frightened, but has her guard up, Lizzie.

"Did you just hit me with a blender?"

"I, uh, I thought you were an intruder." Lizzie stuttered as she deflated her body a little bit.