Can't Help Falling in Love

"Take my hand. Take my whole life, too. For I can't help falling in love with you."

- Elvis Presley (Can't Help Falling in Love, 1961)

____________

Lizzie's POV

It's been a little over two weeks since we got engaged. Two whole weeks of pure bliss. I couldn't stop talking about it nor do I want to. I told all of my close friends, and even went so far as to show it off to the public eye. I'm usually not fond of social media. Showing them a side of my life that they don't need to know. But, I'm proud of being with Y/N. I want the world to know the person responsible for my happiness.

After I announced my engagement to the world, almost every tabloid was filled with us. I was called by radio stations for a scoop, and I even went to the Jimmy Fallon show for an exclusive interview. I've been on the show before. Plenty of times. Jimmy is a well, respected man who knows his boundaries. His questions about how my engagement went were easy to answer, and not at all invasive. It was carefree, and comedic.

I felt comfortable enough to tell him about Y/N. I even went so far as telling about how we met when we were kids, and how we reconnected at the club she used to work at years ago. I expected to be bombarded with questions about the time we spent apart, and the many pictures of me and Robbie in public. But, that wasn't Jimmy. He didn't bring any of it up. He didn't talk about my accident until I brought it up. I told him as much as I felt like sharing, which was more than I intended, but I left the studio with no regrets. And as for the date of our wedding, well, that's up for discussion between me and my future wife.

It's a beautiful Saturday morning.I woke up feeling refreshed. Maybe it was my uninterrupted eight hours of sleep, but I have so much energy in me. My eyes fluttered happily but were soon replaced with a frown when I found the space next to me. Empty. I sat up slowly, stretching my stiff muscles a bit before I gathered enough energy to get up from bed. The coldness of the rosewood floor made me jump. My eyes caught the slightly ajar door of our bedroom. Then, a faint sound of music downstairs made me draw a faint smile.

I almost rushed through my morning routine. Eagerly excited to see the beautiful face of my fiance. Barefoot, I made my way downstairs, and into the kitchen where the music is coming from. I stopped on my tracks when I found her making breakfast with the help of Maya. I could barely make out what they're saying due to the volume of the song currently playing, but I didn't need to. Their interaction is making me feel bubbly, like I'm floating on air.

Like a total stalker, I remained hidden in the corner, admiring them from afar. A glimpse of what our future could entail. The tip of my thumb mindlessly played with my engagement ring, triggering the waterworks. It's mind boggling how I know little to none of our past memories together, but it was as if my heart narrated every bit of what made us, us. I could feel the pain that followed from how long we must've been waiting for this, and now the future we've always wanted is right  in front of us. Within arms reach.

I must've been in deep thought that I didn't realize that my cover was blown. "Oh, look, mom is finally awake." Maya makes my presence known, pointing at me. "Come and join us. Breakfast is almost ready."

I tip toe slowly toward the source of my happiness. My heart feels warm at the scene they created, and now that I'm involved, I feel complete. Y/N greeted me with a smile as she planted a few soft kisses on my temple. I blush at the contact, incapable of keeping my emotions together. And that's how the rest of making breakfast went. Constantly finding myself overflowing with positive emotions known to man, and there wasn't anything I could do to control it. I let it affect me in more ways than one. I mean, can you blame me? The moment itself is the actual definition of domestic.