red love

"Pull me closer and it's like I forget what was wrong. Hurting yet I'm healing, maybe this is where I should belong."

- Dream, Ivory (red love, 2018)

__________

Y/N's POV

The rest of the day felt like it dragged. I was constantly waiting for it to end because I couldn't stand another second being so far apart from her. After my minor accident, it made me realize how fast things could change in a matter of seconds. Tomorrow is never certain, and I feel as though, the longer I wait to start out future together, the more time I'm wasting. I've learned from our past that, something will always stand in our way. Hindering us from getting our happy ending. It's time that I make things happen before something or someone could ruin it for us.

The plane ride from NYC to LA was anything but comfortable. First inforemost, I've never been fond of flying, and I've always been scared of the idea of something so heavy flying up in the sky so easily. Don't even get me started on taking off, turbulence, and landing. It feels like one wrong move could end my life. And since Lizzie's not around to hold my hand and make me feel better, I had to do it on my own. Let's just say it didn't quite work.

None of it mattered because I was overly ecstatic to see her. It's been a week since we saw each other, and it honestly feel like a lifetime. It's crazy what a week does to a person, especially being fat apart from someone important. One of the only people that matters to me the most. She was all I could think about and more. I'm glad it's all over and in less than fifteen minutes, she'll be back in my arms.

I stood excitedly outside of the terminal, eagerly waiting for her to arrive. So much so that I could not stop myself from moving. And when I saw her car from afar, I waved happily with probably one of the biggest grin on my face. I wasted no time before running up to her, pulling her into a longing hug, and showering her with kisses.

"You have no idea how much I've missed you." I expressed with all of me. "Starting from now, I'm not leaving to go anywhere. Nope, I'm not leaving you. You're stuck with me whether you like it or not, Olsen."

Lizzie chuckled adorably, "I think I'd like that. I've missed you a lot, darling. More than you know."

Maybe it was the way she said it or the fact that I haven't seen her in a week, but my heart skipped a beat or two, almost bringing me to tears. So much raw emotions in so little time, only she has the capability of making me feel this way. Despite the lack of memories of us, her heart knew what her mind forgot. Because, at the end of the day, it wasn't her mind that fell in love with me. It was her heart, and everything else in between.

I held her hand tightly as she drove, my thumb would naturally draw imaginary circles along her knuckles, "I'm sorry you're using your work break to pick me u-"

"Stop. Don't even go there." Lizzie disagrees. "I could be in the middle of a shoot, and if you shoot me text saying you need me, I'll be there. No questions asked. I meant what I said. I'm willing to put everything aside for you. You mean so much more to me."

"I think I just fell more in love with you."

Lizzie flashed me a heartstopping smile as she kissed the back of my palm, "Good. That's what I was going for."

"You're amazing, you know that?"

"Only for you, darling." She winked. "I hope you're hungry because I'm taking you to Mr. Smith's for lunch. Does that sound good?"