So High

"I know you ain't a drug, but you get me so high."

- Doja Cat (So High, 2014)

_________

Y/N's POV

Another great week passed by. A great day after another. Lizzie's been so affectionate lately, probably more than we wanted to let on. It's crazy to think that two months ago, she had such a high wall up that I didn't think I would be able to move past on. She pushed me away for so long, her inconsistent mood swings made me feel like I was never going to get through her. But, things changed for the better.

A spark of hope. A path to a brighter, and new future. Something we weren't able to do six years ago. What was once out of reach, doesn't seem impossible anymore. I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. I've been running for so long, and I feel as though this is the time that I'll finally be able to rest. Lizzie's that spark of hope.

From aisle to aisle, I followed them while I pushed the cart inside the grocery store. It was like they were in their own little world. It's quite adorable if I do say so myself. It's almost like I'm third wheeling, but I didn't mind it at all. I'm in complete utter bliss watching their interaction.

"Y/N, we need your opinion." Maya calls out to me. "Do you like your chips ahoy chewy or crunchy?"

"Hmm... I'm gonna have to go with crunchy." I said, earning an exasperated sigh from Lizzie. "The chewy ones are too sweet for me."

"That's what I said!"

"Looks like it's two against one, Lizzie bear." I taunted the one and only time Maya ever agreed with me. "Crunchy it is, little bear."

Before I could say another smart remark, my phone began to buzz inside of my pocket annoyingly. I huffed in annoyance and answered Athena's call. It's weird. She never calls me around this time, especially on a Friday.

Y/N- What's up?

A- I have some had news

Y/N- Fuck, what is it?

A- So, I just got a call from Grace. And she said that she's making the masquerade party a mandatory event tomorrow, so we all have to go.

Y/N- Of course she did. I basically don't have any other choice

A- I know. And I'm sorry that I wasn't able to get us out of it. I tried, but she was persistent.

Y/N- No, don't. It's not your fault.

A- I know. I feel bad because I know that you were thinking of asking Lizzie to be your girlfriend this weekend. And now, you have to delay that because of the party.

Y/N- Timing's never been my strongest suit. Fuck. Ugh, it's okay. I'll just do it some other time.

A- Hopefully soon. But, anyway, do you want to go with the team later for suit and dress shopping?

Y/N- Yeah, of course. Just let me know when and give me the address.

A- Alright. I'll see you later, Y/N.