Sorry

"Sorry I could be so blind. Didn't mean to leave you and all of the things that we had behind."

- Halsey (Sorry, 2017)

_____________

Y/N's POV

The rest of the week flew by quickly. It's now Christmas Eve, and I'll be spending my evening with Lizzie's family. I thought I would feel somewhat weird because of my situation with her, but I feel the complete opposite. We haven't seen each other in almost a week, but we kept in contact. We have been consistently texting, almost to a point where it started to feel like old times. It has definitely made me feel a little nostalgic, but I'm a lot more reserved. I know she's still exploring her feelings with Robbie, and I don't want to get my hopes up. I still have no idea what she wants.

It's a little confusing at times. There were moments where I wanted to completely take my walls down, but it wouldn't be fair to me, and the progress that I've made. I love her from the bottom of my heart. Always have, always will. But, I can't expect a different outcome if I'm always falling back to my old ways. I deserve better than that.

I didn't realize I was way in over my head until Rosie said something. My thoughts and feelings were swarming my head at a very alarming rate. I felt guilty about always seeming distracted at times, but I couldn't help myself. My heart is elsewhere.

"Is everything okay?" Rosie asked carefully. "You seem like you have a lot on your mind."

I shook my head, "I don't know where to start. I just really miss her. More than usual. And I think the saddest part of this is not knowing if she feels the same way. She probably doesn't."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's okay." I put up a strong front. "I'll be okay."

"Y/N, it's okay to not be okay." Her gaze softened against my own, the sincerity in her voice made me feel better. "You don't have to pretend to be okay when you're not. You have such a big heart, and that's one of the many things I love about you. I promise you, one day, you'll get your happy ending. I'll make sure of it."

I chuckled, successfully keeping myself at bay, "Thank you. I needed that."

"That's what I'm here for." Rosie mimicked my energy. "But, anyway, enough of this sad shit. I have some news to tell you."

I've only seen Rosie genuinely get excited twice. One was before proposing to Margot, and right now. I could tell by the way her eyes sparkled that she's been dying to tell me. Possibly a big step into her future.

"I'm all ears."

"Okay, so, I'm just going to get straight to the point." Rosie said excitedly, barely keeping herself together. "I'm pregnant."

My jaw immediately dropped to the floor, "Oh my god, you're what?!" Tears almost escaped my eyes. "Are you serious? Since when?"

"Since two weeks ago." She told me. "I was going to tell you beforehand, but we weren't sure if it was going to work, but Margot's brother, his sperm really connected with my egg, and here I am. I'm so sorry I kept this from you. I wanted to be sure."

I scoffed, "Oh, stop it. Don't even apologize. It's okay. I'm really happy for you. Truly. Fuck, this is making me cry."

Rosie began to get teary eyed, "Stop it, don't even start. My makeup took a while, and I'm not about to leave this restaurant looking like a hot mess."