Revenge, And a Little More

"I feel like someone's up to something. Betrayal in the air, I'm losing my mind."

- Unlike Pluto (Revenge, And a Little More, 2019)

____________

Y/N's POV

As my eyes fluttered open, my hangover wasted no time to bother me. It was all I could feel. My head is pounding, and it feels as though the room is spinning. I squint my eyes shut, hoping the discomfort is only fleeting, but knowing how it always is the next day after drinking heavily the night before, it's going to drag its course for at least a couple of hours. I tossed and turned, expecting to find her next to me, but when I felt the empty space, my heart sank a little.

I situated myself into a seated position against the headboard of the bed, trying to muster enough energy to get up and have something to drink. I rubbed my eyes harshly, annoyed at how bad my hangover is treating me. I looked up when the door swung open, finding Lizzie approaching me with a tray full of food. A smile formed on my lips as soon as she sat across from me.

"Good morning, my beautiful baby." Lizzie caressed my face soothingly. "How are you feeling?"

I sighed, "Like shit."

"Aww, I'm sorry. I made you breakfast."

"I appreciate it. Thank you."

"Oh, and I also got you bagels." Lizzie smiled as she pointed at it. "I was told by someone who's amazingly out of this world that it's the best food to eat to cure a really bad hangover."

"She sounds amazing." I took a generous bite, downing it with orange juice.

"She is. I love her so much. More than she knows."

I blushed at her comment as I continued to eat the food she made just for me. Despite the discomfort of my hangover, and the fact that my head wouldn't stop spinning, underneath it all, I took comfort knowing that she's there for me. At arm's length, I feel as though I could put all of my defenses down because she made me feel safe.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked.

"Because I'm in love with you, and I can't see a future where you're not in it." Lizzie flashed me a smile. "I promise to make you the happiest person you possibly could be. I won't ever let you go. Not now. Not ever. You're my past, present, and future. It's always going to be you."

My gaze followed her as she picked up the guitar from the corner of the room. She gave me one of her heart stopping smiles as she messed with the chords a bit before playing the song.

"And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now.."

Lizzie laughs, "I'm sorry, I messed up the chords. I'm still trying to learn how to play it."

"No-no, it was good. You sounded amazing, my love." I pulled her in for a quick kiss.

"I'm glad you think so because I've been at it for about a couple of weeks now, and I'm still stuck on the first verse."

"You'll get it. And if you want, I could help you."