The Way You Look At Me

"Cause there's somethin' in the way you look at me. It's as if my heart knows you're the missing piece."

- Christian Bautista (The Way You Look At Me, 2005)

______________

Y/N's POV

I kept my arms and fingers as steady as possible as I began to shape the wet clay into a coiled pot. It's been a while since I've done pottery, and I never knew how much I've missed it until now. I don't know where the sudden urge to do ceramics came to me, but I woke up this morning, and one of the first things I wanted to do was this. With the music faintly playing in the background, I kept my focus on my piece, making sure that it has my full undivided attention.

"How cool do I look?" I asked, catching Lizzie off guard. "Everyone who has watched me like this has fallen for me. Are you one of those people?." I looked up, her frazzled state made me smirk.

"Who fell for who?" Lizzie retorted. "Don't you think you're getting a little ahead of yourself?"

I chuckled lightly, "Says the one who was watching me so intently."

"I wasn't watching. You happen to be in my line of sight."

"Sure, whatever makes you sleep at night," I said as I dipped my hands into a bucket of water. "Speaking of which, how was your sleep?"

Lizzie took a seat, a few feet away from me, "It was good. What about yours?"

"Your snores were lovely, so I had the best night's sleep."

She rolled her eyes, "Haha, but, anyway, did you make that just now? It looks amazing."

I brought the vase/pot closer to her so she could get a better look

I brought the vase/pot closer to her so she could get a better look. Lizzie admired every corner, her eyes fluttering with amazement as she spun it around the display.

"I did." I answered softly. "If you want, I could teach you how to make one exactly like that."

"Oh, really? You'd be willing to do that?"

I nod, "Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" I laugh slightly. "Why don't you bring yourself over here, and we'll get started?"

Lizzie made her way to where I was. I grabbed the extra clay, weighing about five pounds. I clean up the wheelhead before throwing the clay in the middle. I told her about coning and centering, showering her steps on how to do it before letting her take full control.