Dance with Me

"And I know it's hard to tell. But I think I really like you."

- beabadoobee (Dance with Me, 2018)

__________

Y/N's POV

The sweet, savory smell of waffles is what woke me up. I lazily fluttered my eyes open, the light harshly blinding me. I rubbed the discomfort off, hoping I would stop seeing micro dots everywhere. And when they did, I could finally see my surroundings better, and there she was. A warm smile on her face with a tray of food, waiting for me to eat.

"Good morning, sleepy head." Lizzie says softly. "I got you breakfast."

I sat up, and drew a tired smile, "Thank you so much darling, it looks amazing."

I picked up a fork and a knife as I eagerly sliced through the waffles. The first bite is always the best. The warm, sweet taste of the syrup along with the butter was divine. I usually don't eat breakfast, but something about this waffle is different. I couldn't get enough of it.

"Whoa, there, you might want to slow down." She chuckled. "Wouldn't want you to choke or anything."

I took another bite, and another one after it, "This is really good. Where did you get it?"

"Fun fact, I actually made it." Lizzie said. "I'm friends with one of the chefs here, so I woke up really early and asked for a favor. He let me make you a simple breakfast with an ingredient that you can only get from here."

"It's seven in the morning. How early did you actually wake up?"

"Like around five-thirty, almost six."

"Why'd you wake up so early to get me breakfast?"

"I wanted to do something sweet and simple." Lizzie lowered her gaze to her hands. "I hope you liked it or some—"

I slid my hand beside her face so she could look at me, "I love it. Thank you."

I took generous bite of my food, and flashed her a toothy grin. She smiled back at me with tenderness and care glimmering through her eyes. Maybe it was the effort she put or the fact that I've never tasted a waffle this good, but my heart feels so full. A great immense amount of positive emotions all sum up into one. And slowly but surely, I do begin to feel my walls crumble a little.

"And here you go." She handed me my daily headache medicine pill along with a glass of water. "Your next one's is before you go to sleep. Drink up."

Without saying anything else, I took the pill and swallowed it with water. I'm not very fond of pills because it always feels weird when it passes down my throat, but having to do it for someone other than myself, it makes it suck a little less. Even after I was done, she made sure I wasn't faking anything, and checked under my mouth. I normally would find it weird because I'm an adult and I feel like I'm being treated like child, but seeing her cheer and smile at something simple made me happy. I want to keep feeling like this.

"Okay, now go hurry up get ready because I have a lot of fun things planned for us to do today." Lizzie practically pushed me off the bed. "You're always taking forever to get ready."

I scoffed, "What? That's not true. Don't you think I have the upper hand in this situation because you don't even remember anything about how it would take you forever to get ready years ago before your accident."