Until I Found You

"I would never fall in love again until I found her."

- Stephen Sanchez (Until I Found You, 2021)

_________

Lizzie's POV

My eyes flutter as I'm barely stirring into consciousness. A smile immediately appeared on my face as she's the first person I've laid my eyes on. I still find it hard to believe how these past couple of days have been for me. For us. After my confession, I thought she was going to push me away, and it would be the end of us. But, a spark of hope ignited. She gave me another chance. I've been staying over ever since. I didn't think it would work out the way that it did, but I'm relieved to see that it's not too late for me to salvage what we had. I won't make the same mistake again. I most certainly would not make her feel like she's second best. She's much more than that. And it's time I show her.

Despite me staying over for longer than I should've, I made sure to give her some space. Being needy is the last thing I wanted to do. I would leave in the morning to go to work, and she would do the same. And since I still have a copy of her apartment key, I didn't have any problem getting in. The situation works out well because I would come home before her, and every chance I get, I would either make her something to eat or buy us some takeout. And even after a handful of moments we've had, I could see the walls that she still has up. I don't blame her. She's being careful after being hurt so many times before. But, I still have hope that one day, she'll let me in completely.

I probably shouldn't be staring at her like a stalker, but I couldn't help myself. She's more than capable of making me feel like I'm floating, flying freely in the air without any weight on my shoulders weighing me down. Maybe it's the way she breathes so peacefully or the way she would casually crinkle her nose and mumble something incoherent that tugs at my heartstrings, but nevertheless, something always pulls me in.

I was way in over my head that I didn't realize she's finally awake. I blushed a little when we made eye contact with each other, and that sweet smile of hers that feels like coming home after a long day made my heart glow.

"You know, it's not nice to stare." Y/N mumbles quietly. "But good morning. How long have you been awake?"

"Not long." I sighed blissfully. "How was your sleep?"

"It was great."

I tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear as I stared at her, feeling content, "I guess some things never changed."

"What do you mean?"

"You still snore. It's quite adorable actually."

She rolled her eyes with a laugh, "I do not store. I think you're hearing things."

"Oh, so we're lying to each other now? That's how we're starting our morning together?"

"Don't you think it's a little early for you to be teasing me, Miss Olsen?"

I chuckled, "It's never too early. And besides, it's been ages ago since I've teased you."

"Listen, I know you have this whole amnesia thing going on, and remembering things is not really your strongest suit, but you can't possibly forget about yesterday."