Video Games

"Heaven is a place on Earth with you."

- Lana Del Rey (Video Games, 2012)

_________

Y/N's POV

I woke up in search of her right next to me, but my heart sank a little when I felt nothing but an empty space. I fluttered my eyes open, and saw that it's just me in bed alone. I took a moment to myself, mustering as much energy as I could before gaining the courage to get up, and do my morning routine. A couple of splashes of cold water sure did wake me up.

I made my way downstairs, a smile immediately formed on my lips as soon as I saw her in the kitchen making breakfast. Too busy in her own little world, Lizzie danced like a dork, flipping pancakes. I admired her from afar, feeling the fluttery sensation take over my body easily.

There's truly nothing better in the world than waking up to this. I'll never get used to the feeling that she's only capable of giving me. With her, it's always something new and refreshing. It's enough to bring me to tears. My heart belongs to her, and hers only. No one else.

"Oh, you're up." Lizzie scrunched her nose. "Good morning, darling."

"Good morning, babe." I smiled brightly. "You seem to be in a great mood."

"I'm always in a great mood." She insisted as poured me a glass of orange juice. "But, I am in a greater mood because today is Thanksgiving. It's my second favorite holiday."

"Yeah, I know." I said as I winked at her. "What's our plan for the day?"

Lizzie placed two freshly made pancakes on my plate, alongside some bacon, tater tots, and scrambled eggs. "A couple of things, but I do have some news I forgot to tell you last night."

"Sounds serious." I joked. "Just rip the bandage out right now, Elizabeth. It's okay if I bleed a little."

Lizzie chuckled, "You're a jokester, but it's not that bad. I have to stay at my parents' house for the weekend because I have to help my siblings out with their fashion show on Monday. And since it's closer to the venue, and I can't really drive yet, it's convenient for everyone."

"Okay, but you know I don't mind driving you around."

"I know, but I feel somewhat guilty." Lizzie admitted. "And ever since Alfred retired, I don't really feel comfortable hiring anyone to be my driver for the time being."

I nodded, "Point taken, but don't hesitate to call me if you ever need anything."

Lizzie nodded, "How's the pancake?"

"Delicious." I took a couple more bites. "Thank you for getting up and making me breakfast."

Lizzie turned around, and began to clean the kitchen while I ate, "I could get used to this. Waking up early, making breakfast for you. I like doing it."

"Well, I love waking up to you making me breakfast."

"So, I say it's a win-win situation."

"It's always a win-win situation when I'm with you." I said, making myself blush. Why do I have to be such a cheeseball so early in the morning?