Where Have You Been

"Where have you been, All my life? All my life?"

- Rihanna (Where Have You Been, 2011)

______________

Y/N's POV

I slept on the couch for the night. I didn't know if she wanted some space, but just to play it safe, I decided to leave her be. I barely got any sleep, and woke up earlier than usual. I went on a six mile run, and got back in time before either one of them woke up. I took a cold shower, and began making breakfast. Thinking about how last night ended hurt a little. Neither one of us was at fault. I couldn't exactly blame her for acting the way that she did.

I was way over my head that I overcooked the pancake on the pan, so I had to toss it out and make a new one. But, I couldn't help it. The image of the way she reacted with so much disgust and annoyance, it nearly broke my heart into pieces. I know it's one of her mood swings, but it still hurts me nonetheless.

"Good morning, Y/N." Maya greeted me. "What are you making?"

"Good morning, little bear." I gave her a quick smile before plopping another batter on the pan. "I'm making you some delicious pancakes."

"Oooh, I can't wait to eat them." She cheered excitedly as she grabbed herself a book to read.

"What time do you have to be at school today?"

"In an hour."

"Great, so, why don't you eat up, then I'll drop you at school right after." I said as I put her plate down. "Tell me if you want some more."

"Thank you."

I nodded with a smile on my face. I took a quick glance at the stairs, hoping to see her come down for some breakfast. But, I guess she's still sleeping. Even after I made breakfast, and I ate some with Maya, Lizzie's still sleeping. It's not her to be sleeping around this time of day.

"You have all your stuff?"

Maya nodded as we headed straight to the door, "Yep. Will you be picking me up at school later?"

I kneeled down to her level, "Hmm... I don't know yet. It might be Auntie MK again. Your mom and I might have plans."

She giggled, "Ooooh, are you two going on a date?"

I blush a little, "Yes, we are."

"Okay, well, in that case, take all the time you need." Maya walked ahead of me, skipping her way toward the car. "And most importantly, have fun!"

I buckled her in, "Of course. Can you promise me one thing?"

"What?"

"Don't cause too much trouble while MK watches you." I laughed. "Last time, she told me you pretended to fall down the stairs so you could get her to buy you ice cream. Clever, but scary."

"I promise I won't do it again."

"Okay, I trust you, little bear." I ruffled her hair before getting into the driver's seat and driving the little one to school.