When She Loved Me

"And when she was sad, I was there to dry her tears. And when was happy so was I. When she loved me."

- Lynn Lapid (When She Loved Me - Cover, 2021)

___________

Y/N's POV

It's been over two weeks since we saw each other. I stayed true to my words and left her alone completely. I've had urges to go see her, and sometimes at night, I would have an internal battle as to whether or not I should text her. But, I didn't act on my feelings. I thought a lot about what Scarlett said, and she's right. I can't keep crawling back to her just so she could treat me like an option. I'm better than that.

During those two weeks. I've been consistently going to the gym, and every morning, I would go out on a run. I've also been spending a lot of time with my friends, but mostly Scarlett. She knew how hard this was for me, so every chance she got, she made sure I was okay. And little by little, I was feeling better.

But, I do have my days. There are random times during the day, where something would remind me of her, and it would completely knock me off my feet. It would hit my like truck, and I would be reminded of the pain of being a second choice. I spent many sleepless nights crying about it. It hurts like hell.

My studio is doing great. We hit our all time high with the amount of sessions we have been taking. It was like ever since I started showing up to work, everything suddenly changed. We have more investors, and a lot of the big leagues are looking at our business. My career, alongside my team whom I love so much, it's shaping up.

Growing business means more sessions, and more sessions means longer and busier days. For the past two weeks, each and every one of us have been busy doing something. It was either managing our accounting file, making sure each session appointments are up to date, booth-equipment maintenance, live sessions, editing, etc. Needless to say, we are extremely occupied when it comes to our daily tasks.

I didn't give myself some time to think because if I do, I'd think of her. So, what did I do? I kept myself busy, even during my lunch break. There were times where I wouldn't even eat, and kept working. They called me out on it more than a couple of times, but this is one of the only few ways I could think of doing in an attempt to save myself from thinking of someone who probably isn't thinking of me.

After finishing up the third session of the day, it's almost lunch time. Even after what's probably the longest session we have ever done, I continued to work. I opened my laptop and began to do a production overview which consisted of; song arrangements, supervising audio mixing, and audio mastering. I gave myself little to no break.

"Come to lunch with us, Y/N." Miles suggested. "We're thinking of going to the new korean bbq that just opened—"

"If it isn't my favorite people gathered in one room." Grace interjected, making our heads turn her direction. "You guys have been on top of your game these past couple of weeks, so why don't you let me take you guys to that new place that just opened up. Think of it as a form of thank you."

They looked at one another, agreeing with the choice. I looked back at my computer, then back at them. I don't feel like going anywhere. If I could, I would rather spend some time alone, and drown myself with work. It's the only thing keeping me from thinking of her.

"Let's go." Grace pulled my hand. "This is a team building lunch. And since you're a part of this team, you are going with us. It's final."