Infinity

"You're the reason I believe in fate, you're my paradise."

- James Young (Infinity, 2017)

______________

Y/N's POV

When Lizzie asked me to stay another night at her house, I couldn't be happier. She practically begged me like a little kid with those mesmerizing green eyes of hers before I could leave her front door. I teased her about it, but her reason being was that she didn't want to be alone in her own house because Maya requested to spend another night at Scarlett's house. So, here I am, freaking out a little bit inside of her bathroom because I could not control my own emotions.

A slight knock on the door pulled me out of thoughts. I flinched a little bit, quickly turning on the faucet so it sounds like I'm actually doing my night routine as I told I was doing fifteen minutes ago.

"Y/N, are you okay? You've been in there for a while." Lizzie asked with a hint of worry in her voice.

I cleared my throat before answering, "Uh, yeah I'm fine. I'm almost done." Nope. I'm nowhere near done. I haven't even done my night routine yet. I've spent the last fifteen minutes trying not to lose my cool, but I'm failing at it.

"Okay, just checking." She said behind closed doors.

As soon as I heard her footsteps receding, I released a big breath, the one I've been holding ever since she asked me if I was okay. I don't know what's making me act this way. I don't know why I'm treating her simple request to spend another night as if she just asked me to marry her. Why do I tend to over romanticized things when in reality they don't mean the way I portray them to be? This is why I end getting my feelings hurt.

I eventually left the bathroom. When I found Lizzie waiting for me in the living room, I tensed up a little. My nerves immediately shot, and it was as if I had done something wrong, I couldn't even look her in the eye. Where the hell did my dominance go? I need that shit back.

"Finally." Lizzie sighed, gesturing for me to take a seat right next to her. "I've been waiting for you. Now that you're here, come and watch a movie with me."

"O-okay." I stuttered as I took a seat next to her as she requested. I gave a fair amount of distance between us, afraid that I might be pushing boundaries. When she noticed my discomfort, I immediately said, "What are we watching?" In order to try to steer my sudden submissive act away from us ever talking about it.

"WALL-E." She said softly. "MK told me it's your favorite Pixar movie, so we're watching it. Together. It's the least I could do after everything you did for me today."

I blush a little, "I'm glad that you had fun." I breathe out, finally getting my composure back. "I was afraid that it was going to be a bit overwhelming."

Lizzie squeezed my hand, "Well, it wasn't. It was nice. I had such a great day. I can't wait for more with you." She gave my cheek a quick kiss before laying her head against my chest.

I froze after the contact. I don't know how to react. But, it was as if it was a written rule somewhere, my arm had a mind of its own and the next thing I know is that I draped across her back, my hand now resting on her shoulder. It took a minute for me to relax at our sudden closeness, but when I did, I smiled to myself, my heart feeling contempt. Oh, how I've missed this.