Here with Me

"There was a reason, I collided into you."

- Susie Suh (Here with Me, 2014)

______________

Y/N's POV

Another surprisingly long night's sleep. When I woke up it was already almost noon. I can't remember the last time I've slept this long. It felt like I was back in my teenage years when I didn't care enough to wake up as early as eight in the morning. But, I know this was needed. Maybe, it was the fact that we slept in the same bed again, but things have been great. It's coming to a point where it's starting to scare me how well things are turning out to be. Things never stay this good.

I shake the bad energy away, and decide that it's time to get out of bed. I did my morning routine, feeling a bit more energized than the days before. I started to make my way downstairs, where I found Lizzie comfortably laying on the couch watching tv. When I got a look at the screen, I stopped in my tracks when I realized what she was watching.

"I don't wanna eat anymore candies, Y/N." Young Lizzie groaned as the younger me shoved more candies into her bag. "You know, MK is going to be mad once she finds out we took all of her candies."

"It was your idea."

The younger version of us laughed as we continued to eat more chocolates, probably more than we both could handle. Lizzie had the most adorable toothy grin written across her face, smudges of chocolate residue in between her teeth.

I plopped down right next to her, "You threw up after that." I said, making Lizzie jump a little. "You ate so much that you felt sick right after. But, we still had so much fun that night."

"You probably had more than fun watching me be miserable."

"Only a little." I joked. Lizzie's shoulder bumped me, "You couldn't stop laughing when MK found out because you ratted me out and put all the blame on me. She spent an hour chasing me around while you on the other hand laughed the entire time."

"Oh, right!" Lizzie clapped in amusement. "I remember that. I could've sworn, I thought I was going to die from laughing that night."

I huffed, "I thought I was going to die from your sister trying to strangle me to death."

"Oh relax." She rolled her eyes. "I would've never let that happen."

I hummed, "Hmm... I don't know. You seemed pretty amused by what was going on."

"In all honesty, I was." Lizzie admitted. "But, look at us." She pointed at the screen, a frame of us laughing and smiling at the amount of chocolates we shoved into our mouths, playing chubby bunny. "We sure did have a lot of fun back then."

I looked at her with all of me, "We did."

Lizzie sighed, "But, you moved away and left me alone."

"I didn't have a choice." I said disheartenedly. "I wanted to stay." I held her hand, and squeezed it. "More than anything."

Lizzie looked elsewhere, the silence between us, winning once again. I could feel her walls breaking down as this is affecting her in ways she didn't think it would. It came out of nowhere. It surprised her. Her defenses were too slow for her to act upon, and it showed.