Haunted

"Slap me! I'm pinned to the doorway. Kiss, bite."

- Beyoncé (Haunted, 2014)

——————

Y/N's POV

I didn't know just how much I was in way over my head that I didn't notice we arrived. But, I didn't move. I sat there with my hands on my lap, rubbing them to and fro, hoping to calm my nerves down. I could feel the erratic beating of my heart and that weird feeling in my stomach that I usually get every time I'm about to do something I have no clue what the outcome could be.

Lizzie squeezed my hand softly, "We're here baby." When I looked at her comforting eyes, I immediately felt a little better, "Let's go, yeah?"

I nodded, and followed her outside. I was mumbling a few incoherent sentences that even I couldn't understand. Lizzie noticed my discomfort, and intertwined our hands together. I found solace knowing that she's by my side through it all.

When we made it to the designated floor, I stood a few feet outside the door, my heart thumping out of my chest, eager to escape my body. I backed away a bit, my nerves flared up like a Christmas tree.

"Hey, it's okay." Lizzie murmured softly as she slid her hands beside my warm face. "You can do this. I believe in you. You've worked on this business pitch for so long and everything is perfect."

I closed my eyes shut for a second, "I know, I'm just.. I'm scared that even after the preparation, I'll mess it all up. A lot of things could go wrong."

"That's true, but I want you to listen to me." She said sternly. "You're Y/N. You can do anything you set your mind to. You have been through so much, and the amount of work you put in this, it will pay off. Everything works out in the end, okay? Now go. They're waiting for you."

"Thank you." I said as I backed away, slowly approaching the door.

"I'll be here. Waiting."

I nodded and gave her one last smile before I entered the room full of major potential investors that could either make or break my company. I introduced myself with full confidence, and began the meeting, hoping that all my hard work pays off.

I was in the zone. So much so that I could've sworn the meeting only went on for minutes, when in reality it stood for a couple of hours. By the looks of it, they all seemed impressed, which is a great sign. A couple of them even voluntarily asked for a business card, clearly eager to do business with me.

"Y/LN, I'm impressed with everything you presented today." Theodore, the CEO of Everglades Incorporation, one of the biggest, if not, the biggest company known to help up and coming recording labels. "The statistics spoke for itself. Your studio is making money. Probably more than you anticipated, right?"

"Yes, we're taking more clients than last year."

He flipped through the pages I gave out earlier, "I see that you tripled the amount of clients compared to last year. That's impressive." I smiled awkwardly, surprised that he's taking such interest in my company. He's the last person I expected to even bat an eye at my business plan, let alone talk to me about it. "I'm not going to beat around the bush. I want to sign a seven year contract with your company, and be one of your major investors."