Enchanted

"Please don't be in love with someone else."

- Taylor Swift (Enchanted, 2010)

_____________

Y/N's POV

I can't remember the last time I woke up with a hangover because of drinking wine. It almost never happens. But, here I am, waking up, almost noon, with an uncomfortable throbbing headache. I didn't get up. Not at first at least. I needed to gather myself before I could so much as move a single muscle. I looked around me, and realized that this is not my bedroom. Then, flashes of last night came like wildfire. Dinner with Rose, helping Scarlett study her lines while we're drinking wine, and... oh god. I kissed her. Not once. Not twice, and most certainly not three times. Why did I do that? Fuck.

Remembering how it all went down, and the amount of times we kissed, and how heated all of them were, I don't know how I'm going to face her now. This is embarrassing. I shouldn't have let the alcohol control my decision-making, let alone have it be wine. Nevertheless, I still kissed Scarlett. And she kissed me back.

I groaned as I covered my entire body with the blanket. I tossed and turned, hoping I was imagining things, but as I lay here, groaning myself to reality, the more I thought about how overly confident I was, and how I wish I wasn't. I mean, why would I kiss my exes' best friend? It's wrong. Yes, we were acting out scenes, and laughed about it because it didn't mean anything, but I'm disappointed in myself. I should've had more self-control and declined her request.

Looking back at it, I feel a lot more guilty because while I was kissing her, all I could think about was Lizzie, and how heartbroken I am with our current situation. In a few, fleeting moments, I treated Scarlett like a pawn. I don't know. Everything's confusing, and quite frankly embarrassing. I'm never drinking wine again.

I went to the bathroom, and splashed my face with cold water so I could get rid of what happened last night. When I finally gathered enough courage to go downstairs to face her, I slowly but surely took my time. For a second, it felt like I had anchors weighing me down. I'm dragging every step.

I heard soft murmurs from the kitchen, so that's where I decided to go. I peeked slowly, and saw her cooking something while she's on the phone. Her back is facing the stove, so she doesn't know of my presence just yet. But, as soon as she got off the phone, our eyes connected. Suddenly, I have the urge to go cliff diving.

"Oh, look who decided to wake up." Scarlett said sarcastically as she put two pancakes on a plate, along with some eggs and bacon. "You slept like a baby by the way."

I took a seat on the stool, facing the granite countertop, "I'm never drinking wine again. My head hurts from it."

Scarlett laughed at my misery, "I figured you would, so here's some medicine. Take it after you eat the breakfast I just made you."

"Thank you." I offered her a smile. "Where's Rose? She's not eating?"

"Colin came to pick her up a couple of hours ago."

I gave her a nod as I took a couple of quick, bitesize pancakes, popping them into my mouth. I could see Scarlett staring at me through my peripheral vision, making me squirm. Suddenly, the memories of my drunken actions flashed before my eyes, reminding me of how embarrassing it was for me to act the way I did. It looks like she's observing me, probably thinking of ways to curse at me after making her feel so uncomfortable.