Doin' Time

"Evil, I've come to tell you that she's evil, most definitely."

- Lana Del Rey (Doin' Time, 2019)

_____________

Y/N's POV

A smile slowly formed on my lips as I'm reminded of how amazing the past couple of months have been. After Lizzie's birthday, we have been inseparable ever since despite her busy schedule. We have gone on a lot of dates, mostly the stuff she planned, little trips with Maya whenever we're all free, and staying in, binge watching whatever shows we were into that week. Thinking about how everything is finally working out brings joy into my heart. I've waited a long time for this.

"Your jaw must hurt from all the smiling you've been doing." Miles teased. "I assume things are going pretty well at La casa de Olsen."

I nodded, "Better than well. I'm just.. I'm so happy. It's quite unexplainable. I feel like I'm floating or something."

"That's great! I'm truly happy for you, dude."

My phone buzzing inside of my pocket caught my attention. Without a thought, I pulled it out, and when I saw her name, a smile immediately appeared on my face.

green eyed cutie 👰🏼‍♀️
how's my baby doing?
i miss you :(

Y/N
a little tired but all is well
i miss you too, my love

green eyed cutie 👰🏼‍♀️
i know it's only been two hours since we last
saw each other but it feels like forever

Y/N
i know
but lunch is just around the corner

green eyed cutie 👰🏼‍♀️
this will be the longest hour of my life
am i meeting you at Mr. Smith's or do you want me to
pick you up?

Y/N
no you don't need to do that
i'll pick you up instead

green eyed cutie 👰🏼‍♀️
okay
i'll be waiting 😊

"Y/N." Athena calls out to me. "Someone's looking for you."

I turned around, and to my surprise, "Hey, I hope I'm not bothering you or anything." Florence spoke softly as she played with her fingers.

I stood up to greet her, "No worries, you're not. What can I help you with?"

"Cool." She smiled. "Okay, so, my friend, Krystal." Florence pointed behind her. I shook her hand as a form of greeting. "She's been looking for a studio to record a song she wrote for her husband for their eight year anniversary. I immediately thought of this place, so I brought her here. I hope that's okay."

"Yeah, of course it is." I said. "We have an opening right now, so I'll be able to help her."

"Great, thank you." We exchanged a short-lived longing look before I cleared my throat and took the USB that her friend gave me.

Almost an hour in, we were finally able to come up with the slow, piano melody for the rest of the song. Krystal made her way inside the booth, eager to record her song. But, before I could start the session, I pulled out my phone to give Lizzie a text.